Created attachment 126018 [details]
9400x from the other bug, with each character replaced by 'y'
1. Open the 9400x.xlsx attached to bug 100709 in LibreCalc
2. Search and replace the '.' regular expression with 'y'
3. Save as 9400y.xlsx
4. Open the resulting file in Excel 2007. The following error will be shown:
> Excel found unreadable content in ... Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?
The repairs long shows
> Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error. Load error. Line 2, column 250.
Inspecting the resulting file reveals that it's now 16MB, an increase of over 30x vs. the initial file, even though the replacement was a 1:1 character to character. sheet1.xml is 150MB in size (!).
Can not reproduce on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit en-US with
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
Build ID: fcbcb4963bda8633ba72bd2108ca1e802aad557d
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Windows 6.19; UI Render: GL;
Locale: en-US (en_US)
1. open sample document (size 474KB)
2. <Ctrl>+H for Find and Replace dialog
3. Find "x", "match case" checked
4. other options "regular expressions" checked
5. replace "y"
6. Search in "Values" <-- this is rather important for integrity of the OOXML
7. "Replace All"
About 20 seconds and all are replaced. Formatting intact each x changed to y.
8. open in Office 2007, about 4 sec no issue formatting intact.
Hi Dan -
5.0 is EOL. Can you try with 5.1?
Build ID: d3bf12ecb743fc0d20e0be0c58ca359301eb705f
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Windows 6.2; UI Render: default;
Locale: en-US (en_US)
Microsoft Office 2013
Cannot confirm. I'm going to go ahead and close this as WFM.
@Dan - please try with 5.1 or even 5.2 with a fresh profile. If you can still reproduce set back to UNCONFIRMED and leave a comment with your findings. Thanks!
Before I try reproducing with a newer version, can you confirm that the resulting file is WAY larger than the original?
Created attachment 126536 [details]
Search and replace freezes
I've just tried to reproduce in Version: 126.96.36.199.0+, Build ID: 832d359930c86c7bfe5547e580d1bfadd917764
With Match case unchecked, and Search in Formulas, Calc freezes as shown in the screenshot. I've waited more than a minute and reproduced two out of two tries.
Checked Match Case and set Search in to Values -> same type of freeze.
Created attachment 126537 [details]
188.8.131.52 freezes too
Please do not change version details--the field is for the "earliest" build where an issue is reproducible.
@V Stuart - sorry, thought the bug was dismissed because 5.0 was EOL.
This still works for me, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and current master 18.104.22.168alpha0+.
Back to UNCONFIRMED.
Please see STR in comment 1 -- if significantly different steps, please clearly state what those steps are.
I also got a question, which OS does the freeze occur in? The OS field in the header is set to Windows, the screenshots are for Ubuntu, does it happen in both systems for you?
I can open even attachment 126018 [details] (created by Dan) in Excel 2013 just fine.
Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version.
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker