1. Have a spreadsheet with two sheets and dome date.
2. In one sheet, select a few cells
3. Press Ctrl+PgDn, then Ctrl+PgUp to get back to the initial sheet.
Notice that the selection is gone. For the same operation, Excel preserves the selection.
Reproduced with as early as LibreOffice 3.3.
Since it doesn't seem to be affecting the ability to make high quality work, adjusting importance accordingly.
This bug affects my workflow in various scenarios:
1. When checking if the sum of a list of cells is the same across two different tabs
2. Worse, when selecting disparate cells while checking something in a different sheet, this careful manual selection is lost. Lists of adjacent cells are not that big of a deal, as I can easily select them again. But if I select specific cells and that selection is lost if I change the sheet, that becomes frustrating really quickly.
Thanks for giving details on how this bug could impact users, I wasn't sure at first.
I'm bumping importance (using this chart for general prioritization: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Prioritizing_Bugs_Flowchart.jpg ).
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 64345 ***