The file manager under debian plasma shows all file names with umlauts correct. Libreoffice shows in his file open dialog just ?? instead. Open the file is not possible. Even the saving of such files is not possible. If I insert an umlaut in the file name I get just error messages about permission denied etc.
In another report you mentioned having openSUSE. Do you also see the behavior under it?
I don't see it myself on Arch.
Arch Linux 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5
Build ID: 5.2.0-1
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Linux 4.6; UI Render: default;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8)
Can you provide more details about the issue and possibly some screenshots.
I have ti check it out on thursday. on my laptop in front of me, i kicked out openSuse and just use Debian Sid. Here i can't find the option to use natvie dialogs, with built in dialogs it works like a charm. I see the umlaute and can open the files. If so on my second computer i close the issue an thursday.
CPU-Threads: 4; BS-Version: Linux 4.7; UI-Render: Standard;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); Calc: group
Where you on KDE in Debian Sid? In opensuse, was it showing the KDE native dialog?
(In reply to Dietmar from comment #3)
> I have ti check it out on thursday. on my laptop in front of me, i kicked
> out openSuse and just use Debian Sid. Here i can't find the option to use
> natvie dialogs, with built in dialogs it works like a charm. I see the
> umlaute and can open the files. If so on my second computer i close the
> issue an thursday.
Please check that you have this package installed: https://packages.debian.org/sid/libreoffice-kde
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker