step to repro (i use Calc with RU locale for example):
1. open new calc document
2. select Tools-Options-Language settings-Languages -> User Interface -> English. Press OK. Restart LO to changes take effect
3. select Tools-Customize -> tab Menus
4. Add to menu File (or any other) item Insert-Chart (or any other). Press OK
5. select Tools-Options-Language settings-Languages -> User Interface -> Russian. Press OK. Restart LO to changes take effect
6. Open menu File. New element that we added to in paragraph 4 not translated on Russian
If add new item to menu in RU GUI and change language to EN, then menu item translated correct.
Confirmed with v188.8.131.52 & v3.3.0/Windows 7.
As a general reproduction, add a menu item in any UI language, then change UI language to a different one. The newly added menu item remains in the first language.
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #1)
> Confirmed with v184.108.40.206 & v3.3.0/Windows 7.
> As a general reproduction, add a menu item in any UI language, then change
> UI language to a different one. The newly added menu item remains in the
> first language.
>If add new item to menu in RU GUI and change language to EN, then menu item translated correct.
Created attachment 126731 [details]
"Chart" keeps appearing in Hungarian if added in Hungarian UI before
That's interesting, indeed adding in Russian, and then changing UI language updates the translation. However, adding in Hungarian (Chart = Diagram in Hungarian), and switching back to English doesn't.
Reproduced with 220.127.116.11 snap / Ubuntu 15.10 as well in the meantime.
Maxim Monastirsky committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#101374 Don't confuse "Label" with "Name"
It will be available in 5.4.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
This bug involves writing wrong customization data, so there is no way to fix existing user profiles. Don't reopen unless you can reproduce the bug with a clean profile.