Download it now!
Bug 101800 - Forms created in writer when exported to PDF doesn't check the criteria.
Summary: Forms created in writer when exported to PDF doesn't check the criteria.
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Printing and PDF export (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: All All
: medium enhancement
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: filter:pdf
Depends on:
Blocks: PDF-Export
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2016-08-30 15:20 UTC by panchapakesan
Modified: 2017-11-23 13:22 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
ODT file where fields have some criteria. When exported to PDF the criteria doesn't work as desired. (493.58 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2016-08-30 15:20 UTC, panchapakesan
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description panchapakesan 2016-08-30 15:20:29 UTC
Created attachment 127082 [details]
ODT file where fields have some criteria. When exported to PDF the criteria doesn't work as desired.

Version: 5.0.5.2
Build ID: 55b006a02d247b5f7215fc6ea0fde844b30035b3
Locale: en-IN (en_IN)

The criteria of pattern or date field or min-max value is not behaving right in the exported PDF file. 

Say I've set a field for months which ranges from 12 to 120 but in PDF, if I give 0, it takes and doesn't default to value 12 as set in ODT.

Whereas the list fields work fine, it shows the list properly. They why not for all other types of fields? 
There seems to some bug.

Hence this escalation. Kindly export the file to PDF to see for yourself.
Comment 1 Buovjaga 2016-09-23 17:53:27 UTC
I tested with "branch for a period of ... months". I input 0. It turns to 12 automatically. Exporting to PDF, it still has 12.

Please either explain in more detail, or test with version 5.2.x.

Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED, if the problem persists. Change to RESOLVED WORKSFORME, if the problem went away.
Comment 2 panchapakesan 2016-09-25 07:03:17 UTC
Comment on attachment 127082 [details]
ODT file where fields have some criteria. When exported to PDF the criteria doesn't work as desired.

Have you exported it to PDF and checked in the PDF? The bug is not for the Libre writer behavior, which is working as desired. The problem is noticed only when the odt is exported to PDF, the behavior changes. Kindly confirm, so that I can explain in detail.
Comment 3 Buovjaga 2016-10-16 10:25:11 UTC
Ok, I confirm in Adobe Reader XI that "for a period of .. months" does not reset to 12, if I input 0.

Win 8.1 32-bit
LibO Version: 5.3.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 970a66f8c919ea0524f216f40d21b3e2a8c88ccc
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.2; UI Render: default; 
TinderBox: Win-x86@62-merge-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2016-10-16_00:03:17
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); Calc: group
Comment 4 QA Administrators 2017-10-30 08:29:27 UTC
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
 
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.

Please DO NOT

Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not 
appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa

Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-UntouchedBug