If you create an ODT document (a diploma) containing an embedded image (usually a GIF image with a transparent color, usuallly a personal sign), if you decide to make a mailmerge in order to send a personal diploma to many recipient, it happens that sometime the pdf diploma is correct (text and image are ok), but sometime it happens that the pdf diploma do not contain the embedded image.
What is the worst, during the same mailmerge it happens that some recipient receive a pdf correct while other recipient receive a pdf without embedded image.
I "tested" this on three different pc (win 8.1 enterprise + libreoffice 5.2; win 7 pro 64 bit + libreoffice 5.2; win 7 pro 64 bit + libreoffice 5.2).
Steps to Reproduce:
1.create an odt diploma with an embedded GIF image
2.mailmerge as mail to a list of recipient as attached pdf
the pdf attached to the mails sometime contains the embedded gif image, sometime do not contains the embedded gif image.
I want that all the pdf sent by mail contains the gif image embedded in the ODT diploma.
User Profile Reset: No, I used different profiles on different computers
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Thanks for reporting.
(In reply to dariowww2004 from comment #0)
> Reproducible: Sometimes
I did a test (daily20160915) and the image was included/shown in the pdf..
Can you maybe try to find out when it does work and when not :) ?
Ciao - Cor
I also the first times obtained all the mails with attached pdf correct.
We used a database of address of recipients.
Every recipient must receive a mail with attached a diploma in pdf format.
We used the libreoffice mailmerge using the option send as pdf attached in mail.
We noticed the problem after having used mailmerge few times.
I made some "test" using a database of only three records and sending three mail to three different address.
One of three address received a mail with an attached pdf with correct text and embedded image.
Two of three address received a mail with an attached pdf with correct text but without embedded image.
I tried to change the order of three records, but the result is that sometime one recipient obtain a correct pdf, sometime not.
I made som "test" using three different computers, different cpu's, different software configurations.
I do not found in libreoffice a button "preview" to control every single merged file before the send.
(In reply to dariowww2004 from comment #2)
> We noticed the problem after having used mailmerge few times.
> I made some "test" using a database of only three records and sending three
> mail to three different address.
> One of three address received a mail with an attached pdf with correct text
> and embedded image.
> Two of three address received a mail with an attached pdf with correct text
> but without embedded image.
Ah... I do recognize the unpredictable behavior of sending as PDF.
After my bug 103363, I found that in daily20160915 the mailserver was foudn, but mails not send. And then in another test, they were send..
> I tried to change the order of three records, but the result is that
> sometime one recipient obtain a correct pdf, sometime not.
> I made som "test" using three different computers, different cpu's,
> different software configurations.
> I do not found in libreoffice a button "preview" to control every single
> merged file before the send.
We don't have it.
In the new version, there is no dialog showing progress and possible problems either, with sending as email.
thanks for the info!
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!