The DOCX file contains a header, which contains page-number with Letters style (A B C).
In MS 2007, it is shown correctly with letter A.
in LO it is shown as 1 (Digits style).
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Open file test.docx
2.Observer header with page numbering
"1" instead of "A" is shown in header
"A" is shown in header
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.71 Safari/537.36
Created attachment 128322 [details]
test file is added
Build ID: 8974b0fafb18f9dd3f2c0e175a3255b80e4c249e
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.2; UI Render: default;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: group
Build ID: c15927f20d4727c3b8de68497b6949e72f9e6e9e
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Created attachment 153985 [details]
Test file with page number changed to A
Repro OO and 6.4+.
Header is not relevant, same happens in document body.
But this is a mess.
Page numbers *is* digits 1,2.. also in MSO. This is also a field with page A, B...
If we change page numbers format to A, B... in MSO, LO opens fine.
Unless we have a scenario where this can normally happen for a user, this is WorksForMe and I close.