When using German LibreOffice with additional English user interface strings installed, there still appear German caption prefixes (Abbildung, Tabelle, etc.) for an English document (Standard language is English).
So it's practically impossible to write a correct English document.
(There are many work-arounds published, but the solution is still missing, thus filing this bug)
Hello Ulrich, *,
thank you very much for reporting this bug :) I can reproduce it with
OS: Debian Testing AMD64
LO: Version: 18.104.22.168
CPU-Threads: 4; BS-Version: Linux 4.5; UI-Render: Standard;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); Calc: group
but also with
(my oldest version of OOo/LO, which I have installed in parallel, following the instructions from https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel/Linux)
so setting "Status" to "NEW" and "Version" to "Inherited From OOo" ... ;)
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
This bug annoys me as well for a long time and therefore I opened bug 125842 .
It would be very helpful if this could be fixed because the task of writing languages in different languages is a very common one.
You can mark my bug as duplicate or this one as duplicate of mine.
Still the same with
Version: 22.214.171.124.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: b170256fb6ebaf774b02b89835b19d9f3a1afb89
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-06-07_03:30:35
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Language: en-US
I would expect, that
a) auto caption
b) default entry in insert caption dialog
follows the default language setting for the document (Tools => Options => Language Settings => Languages)
*** Bug 125842 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***