Bug 104547 - After changing the UI language to English (USA) from some other language various menus show a mix-up of languages
Summary: After changing the UI language to English (USA) from some other language vari...
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: UI (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
5.3.0.3 release
Hardware: All All
: medium minor
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2016-12-10 10:38 UTC by Wolfgang Jäger
Modified: 2020-03-08 18:10 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
An image of the opened 'File' menu. (30.54 KB, image/png)
2016-12-10 10:38 UTC, Wolfgang Jäger
Details
printmenu (672.89 KB, image/png)
2020-02-17 10:12 UTC, Ahmad Haris
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Wolfgang Jäger 2016-12-10 10:38:41 UTC
Created attachment 129452 [details]
An image of the opened 'File' menu.

See attached image. 

On Win 10: I installed the beta1 the default way. It did only include UI=German (Germany). A second run of the msi allowed me to include English (USA). I then needed 2 starts to actuall get the change offered under 'ÄLanguage Settings'. 
Having changed UI to English (USA) the File menu was corrupted.
 
In detail: The three menu items 'Save', 'Save As' and 'Save Copy' still showed as 'Speichern', 'Speichern unter', and 'Kopie speichern' which is German. 

Without testing all the menus and submenus to the full depth I did not find an additional exemple for the phenomenon.
Comment 1 Wolfgang Jäger 2016-12-10 10:45:07 UTC
Amendment, correction: Missing the announced Beta2 I did not install the Beta1 but the daily build from 
libreoffice-5-3~2016-12-08_16.10.30_LibreOfficeDev_5.3.0.0.beta1_Win_x64_en-US_de_ar_ja_ru_qtz.msi 
(and the help pack 
libreoffice-5-3~2016-12-08_16.10.30_LibreOfficeDev_5.3.0.0.beta1_Win_x64_helppack_en-US.msi)
Comment 2 Buovjaga 2016-12-14 12:49:07 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 3 Wolfgang Jäger 2017-01-10 19:57:15 UTC
Reopened the bug because the problem is still present in V5.3.0.1RC.
Comment 4 Buovjaga 2017-01-13 12:24:40 UTC
Ok, I am seeing this with Finnish language.

I see them in the main menus, but also in the Sidebar settings menu (specifically Detach).

Arch Linux 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5
Version: 5.4.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 2fd88ab1cbb4690a770ca2ca5d66157ec4906a2e
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Linux 4.8; UI Render: default; VCL: kde4; 
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group
Built on January 12th 2016
Comment 5 Buovjaga 2017-01-13 12:28:57 UTC
Interesting: if I use gtk3 backend, the problem is not seen.
Comment 6 Wolfgang Jäger 2017-01-13 15:44:00 UTC
I don't see the bug if I open LibreOffice by calling a saved file (on Win 10 by doubleclick). 
I get the bug in effect if I first open LibreOffice without an open document and the create or open a document.
Comment 7 Buovjaga 2017-02-19 19:14:07 UTC
*** Bug 105996 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 8 Mike Kaganski 2017-11-19 13:05:17 UTC
*** Bug 105264 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 9 baffclan 2018-01-15 08:36:58 UTC
Cannot reproduce with LibO 6.0.0.2(x64) and LibO-Dev 6.1.0.0.a0+(x64)
OS: Windows 10 Pro(x64) JA 

Version: 6.0.0.2 (x64)
Build ID: 06b618bb6f431d27fd2def25aa19c833e29b61cd
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; 
Locale: ja-JP (ja_JP); Calc: group

Version: 6.1.0.0.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: facfc2951ea9f4745edd4a6fb1cf97697f33f40a
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; 
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@62-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2018-01-14_00:42:04
Locale: ja-JP (ja_JP); Calc: group threaded
Comment 10 Buovjaga 2018-01-15 11:10:58 UTC
(In reply to baffclan from comment #9)
> Cannot reproduce with LibO 6.0.0.2(x64) and LibO-Dev 6.1.0.0.a0+(x64)
> OS: Windows 10 Pro(x64) JA 
> 
> Version: 6.0.0.2 (x64)
> Build ID: 06b618bb6f431d27fd2def25aa19c833e29b61cd
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; 
> Locale: ja-JP (ja_JP); Calc: group
> 
> Version: 6.1.0.0.alpha0+ (x64)
> Build ID: facfc2951ea9f4745edd4a6fb1cf97697f33f40a
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; 
> TinderBox: Win-x86_64@62-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2018-01-14_00:42:04
> Locale: ja-JP (ja_JP); Calc: group threaded

Same, let's close.
Comment 11 Ahmad Haris 2020-02-17 10:12:56 UTC
Created attachment 157937 [details]
printmenu
Comment 12 Ahmad Haris 2020-02-17 10:14:53 UTC
I have mixed language in File - Printer. Also it's doesnt have keyID.
https://bug-attachments.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=157937

Version: 7.0.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 15c0f22c31a46ce37e98f9394e6a8e0bc92495f9
CPU threads: 8; OS: Mac OS X 10.15.3; UI render: default; VCL: osx; 
Locale: en-ID (en_ID.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded
Comment 13 Imanuel Ronaldo 2020-02-17 11:39:59 UTC
Hi, i tried to reproduce this bug in my macOs

This is my spec:
13,3-inch (2560 x 1600)
Macbook Pro Mid 2014
Catalina 10.15.3

I change my libreoffice language in preferences to English (USA), all of it. but some of settings in print still appear in my default locale - indonesia.
Comment 14 Imanuel Ronaldo 2020-02-17 11:41:34 UTC
(In reply to Imanuel Ronaldo from comment #13)
> Hi, i tried to reproduce this bug in my macOs
> 
> This is my spec:
> 13,3-inch (2560 x 1600)
> Macbook Pro Mid 2014
> Catalina 10.15.3
> 
> I change my libreoffice language in preferences to English (USA), all of it.
> but some of settings in print still appear in my default locale - indonesia.

https://paste.pics/c0a8adb6a84670619625d289c2020cad
Comment 15 Xisco Faulí 2020-02-17 12:04:11 UTC
Since this issue was closed 2 years ago, let's create a follow-up bug instead. -> bug 130731
Closing as RESOLVED WORKSFORME

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 130731 ***