Download it now!
Bug 107881 - Can't export XML after editing as MSO XML 2003
Summary: Can't export XML after editing as MSO XML 2003
Status: RESOLVED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
5.3.3.2 release
Hardware: All All
: medium major
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: MSO-XML2003
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2017-05-15 22:18 UTC by lostprophet
Modified: 2019-08-16 11:47 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Not possible to save XML after edit (19.65 KB, text/xml)
2017-05-15 22:18 UTC, lostprophet
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description lostprophet 2017-05-15 22:18:36 UTC
Created attachment 133342 [details]
Not possible to save XML after edit

After I edit the attached file, and try to save it, it says: "Error when trying to save text_ui_news document: Error: Writing error. Not possible to write the file." (I'm using Hungarian language, so I translated the error message the best I could).

I tried a lot of previous versions of LibreOffice, stable and beta, still the same problem.
Turned off antivirus, UAC, I'm the only user. File is not write protected.

If I use Microsoft Excel, instead of LibreOffice, there is no problem when saving the file after edit.
Comment 1 Xisco Faulí 2017-05-16 14:55:07 UTC
I can reproduce it in

Version: 5.4.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: 74d2e606fd3605fe0a585f596eaa215ae4e20d18
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.8; UI Render: default; VCL: gtk3; 
Locale: fo-FO (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: group

However, MSO Excel 2010 doesn't even open it alleging there's a problem in the table.
Are you sure you attach the correct file ?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested document is provided.
Comment 2 lostprophet 2017-05-16 21:07:10 UTC
I haven't tried Microsoft Office 2010, I'm using Microsoft Office 2016, and there's no problem with that, so editing and saving works there. However when trying the same with LibreOffice, it fails to save.
Comment 3 QA Administrators 2018-05-20 02:33:26 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 4 lostprophet 2018-06-16 15:50:55 UTC
Bug still present in LibreOffice 6.0.4 and 6.1.0 beta x64.
Comment 5 Timur 2018-11-01 17:32:43 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 6 Timur 2018-11-01 18:19:29 UTC
Repro 6.2+ for Export.
Comment 7 Xisco Faulí 2018-11-08 13:04:17 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 8 Xisco Faulí 2018-11-08 13:05:26 UTC
Oh, I found it. File - Export - Export to Microsoft Excel 2003 XML
Comment 9 Xisco Faulí 2018-11-08 13:09:03 UTC
@Kohei, I thought you could be interested in this issue...
Comment 10 Kohei Yoshida 2019-08-15 13:05:37 UTC
This is unfortunately not a bug, but a side affect of how the current filter management system works.  "Fixing" this would unfortunately involve a large scale (and risky) refactoring that I'm not personally interested in partaking, and personally it's not worth the risk.
Comment 11 Kohei Yoshida 2019-08-16 11:47:22 UTC
There was a duplicate bug filed for this, and it was closed as NOTABUG.  I can't find that issue now, but let me just close this one the same way as well.