Bug 107896 - MAILMERGE : "Exchange database" misses "next record" fields
Summary: MAILMERGE : "Exchange database" misses "next record" fields
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
5.3.3.2 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Linux (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Mail-Merge
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2017-05-16 16:26 UTC by marc
Modified: 2019-03-25 08:04 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Mailmerge Document base (21.58 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2017-05-22 19:03 UTC, marc
Details
Base database (31.36 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2017-05-22 19:04 UTC, marc
Details
Second database (31.36 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2017-05-22 19:05 UTC, marc
Details
Mailmerge Document after changing database (21.94 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2017-05-22 19:06 UTC, marc
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description marc 2017-05-16 16:26:11 UTC
Description:
Document is a set of stickers thus using "next record" field in all but the first box.
If I change source database using the "exchange database" from "Edit" Menu to a new one with a different registered name, e.g. "Catalogue1" to "Catalogue2", the "exchange database" recalculates all fields names to bind to Catalogue2. 
Catalogue1.table.field become Catalogue2.table.field
However, "Next Record:Catalogue1.table" remains "Next Record:Catalogue1.table".



Steps to Reproduce:
1. see description
2.
3.

Actual Results:  
Data fields are properly processed but not the "next record" field.
"Next Record:Catalogue1.table" remains "Next Record:Catalogue1.table".

Expected Results:
"Next Record:Catalogue1.table" should become "Next Record:Catalogue2.table".


Reproducible: Always

User Profile Reset: No but have it on several computers.

Additional Info:


User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0
Comment 1 Buovjaga 2017-05-22 16:35:02 UTC
Could you provide minimal document and database files so testers can test more efficiently?

Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED after you have provided the files.
Comment 2 marc 2017-05-22 19:03:31 UTC
Created attachment 133458 [details]
Mailmerge Document base
Comment 3 marc 2017-05-22 19:04:20 UTC
Created attachment 133459 [details]
Base database
Comment 4 marc 2017-05-22 19:05:12 UTC
Created attachment 133460 [details]
Second database

actually it's just a copy of the base database Catalogue.ods
Comment 5 marc 2017-05-22 19:06:28 UTC
Created attachment 133461 [details]
Mailmerge Document after changing database

"Catalogue" became "Catalogue2" for data fields but remained "Catalogue" for "Next records" fields.
Comment 6 Roman Kuznetsov 2018-06-14 19:21:31 UTC
Mike, please look at this bug
Comment 7 Dieter 2019-01-17 21:56:18 UTC
Marc, some new releases of LibreOffice are available since this bug was reported. Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version.
Comment 8 marc 2019-03-09 18:39:59 UTC
I confirm the bug is still there in both 
6.1.5.2 : my regular install
6.2.0.3 : snap install

sorry for the late reply.
Comment 9 Buovjaga 2019-03-24 17:00:03 UTC
marc: can you explain in more detail, how we should test with your attached files?

Here are my steps so far:
1. Open Stickers.odt
2. Edit - Exchange database - Browse - Catalogue.ods
3. Edit - Exchange database - Browse - Catalogue2.ods

Now what should I look at? I see the Next record fields are the empty grey blocks at the top of Auteur fields, but how can I confirm this: "Next Record:Catalogue1.table" remains "Next Record:Catalogue1.table"
Comment 10 marc 2019-03-24 21:33:48 UTC
Sorry, I forgot to mention that you should enable Menu / View / "Field Names" to actually see that the database reference part changes for all fields but the "Next Record".

So full scenario should be
1. Open Stickers.odt
2. enable View / "Field Names"
3. Edit - Exchange database - Browse - Catalogue.ods
4. Edit - Exchange database - Browse - Catalogue2.ods
Comment 11 Buovjaga 2019-03-25 08:04:14 UTC
Thanks, now I was able to confirm.

Arch Linux 64-bit
Version: 6.3.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 66b21521a95f7b2053aa99a23e0a4c34438af6c7
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.0; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; 
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded
Built on 22 March 2019