After opening an Microsoft RTF file with LO Writer, Spellcheck failed to indicate misspelled words, even if "F7 & Check document from beginning" were used. Spell check was compromised even after shutdown and restart.
I found out that if a single RTF was opened, then all other documents opened after did not have spellcheck functioning.
Partially resolved by re-configuring the Spellcheck. Spellcheck will work if activated, but misspelled words are not indicated even in ODF files previously created by LO.
Possible the LO configuration is corrupted by opening the RTF file?
Thank you for reporting the bug. Please attach a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested document is provided.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive information before attaching it.
See https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/FAQ#How_can_I_eliminate_confidential_data_from_a_sample_document.3F for help on how to do so.)
Created attachment 135105 [details]
Microsoft WordPad files saved as RTF opened in LO -> LO Spellcheck fails
This file was created in Microsoft 7 WordPad, saved as RTF file. When this RTF file is opened in LibreOffice (version below) on either Linux or Microsoft, the LO Spellcheck fails to function on this file, even after saved as an ODF file format.
NOTE: Spellcheck will fail on all other files, as noted by no "wavy red line" indicator of miss-spelled words, and F7 -> Whole document failing to find obvious miss-spelled words.
Version: 184.108.40.206 (x64)
Build ID: f82d347ccc0be322489bf7da61d7e4ad13fe2ff3
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Windows 6.1; UI Render: default; Layout Engine: new;
Locale: en-US (en_US); Calc: group
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker