For some fonts like EB Garamond (v0.8 extended/edited by Octavio Pardo) or Calibri (v2.31) line height (or is it line spacing?) appears different between different styles of the same font. This leads to typographic issues if an font style changes within one paragraph for emphasis.
Workaround: use fixed values for line spacing
As this occurs with very few fonts I'm not sure if it is related to LO or the font file itself. Its reproducible with OpenOffice v4.1.3.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install EB Garamond 12 v0.8 Regular and Italic from https://github.com/octaviopardo/EBGaramond12/tree/master/Fonts
2. Write a paragraph with several lines of text
3. Set more than one full line of this paragraph in italic
Line spacing is inconsistent
Line spacing should be consistent
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_5) AppleWebKit/603.2.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.1 Safari/603.2.4
Created attachment 135200 [details]
Some fonts show inconsistent line spacing between its styles
Might be related to how line hight is calculated by LO as discussed in issue 94464 (https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94464). Sorry for second post.
The Google-commissioned EB Garamond by Octavio is currently in development and not intended yet for general use. Just saying…
I know, I know. Was just the most recent example I came across and led me to reporting it. Cardo v1.045 is another one, there might be more. As I said it's so few fonts that it might be issues with them. Still, this issue is not always present in other office suits, so it might be related to the way LO calculates line spacing. Or probably its a combination of both.
These fonts behave differently in other word processors albeit with issues as well. See screenshots added.
Created attachment 135208 [details]
Spacing in Pages
Created attachment 135209 [details]
Spacing in Word for Mac
Created attachment 135210 [details]
Spacing in OpenOffice
Created attachment 135211 [details]
Spacing in LO for comparison
Not seeing a problem with Cardo.
I took a screenshot, imported to GIMP, made a selection between the lines and moved it around to compare. Same height.
Arch Linux 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5
Build ID: 3c49b28ffa7ab062726e5e600312d9164224404e
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.12; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group
Built on August 26th 2017
(In reply to Yannick.D from comment #2)
> Might be related to how line hight is calculated by LO as discussed in issue
> 94464 (https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94464).
Bug 94464 haas been fixed. Does this change or solve your problem? I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested document is provided.
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker