Change view of dialogue Input Field
Now text of hint in dialogue Input Field looks, as text field. But text field for enter value is under this upper field. It can confuse users
I offer change this: (see mockup from attach)
1. Delete word "Edit"
2. Change type of field with hint text from text field to label
3. Add word "Hint" (optional)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create in Writer document field "Input field" (Ctrl+F2, type -> Input Field). In bottom of dialogue Fields there is text field "Reference". In this field can enter text of hint for user, that will work with document.
2. In document double click on your field
3. Opens dialogue Input Field, that has TWO text fields! But user can enter his value only in bottom field in dialogue. Upper text field has text of hint from field "Reference" (see 1) and it can't changes.
4. I offer to change this problem (see attach)
In dialogue Input Field there are TWO text fields. But user need ONE
In dialogue Input Field there is ONE text field. Without confusion
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
Created attachment 135518 [details]
Thanks for the suggestion and the mockup!!
Adolfo Jayme Barrientos committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#111767 Make the Input Field dialog less confusing
It will be available in 6.0.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.