I try to digitally sign LibreOffice documents using the Hungarian eID. Signing of pdf documents works properly, but LibreOffice crashes when signing an .odt.
It is possible to sign both document types with software keys (pkcs#12) using the same signature altorithm.
I was using Debian testing/buster (amd64) image.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install middleware application (eSzemélyi Kliens)
2. Load /usr/bin/eszig-pkcs11.so as Secuirty Device in Firefox preferences
3. Create a simple document with Writer, save it.
4. Open Digital Signatures dialog (File->Digital Signatures->Digital Signatures)
5. Click Sign Document, enter eSign PIN of the previously connected eID card.
6. Select certificate and click OK
Libre Office crashes before any command is sent to the card.
The document should have been signed.
User Profile Reset: No
If the document is exported as pdf, and File->Digital Signatures->Sign existing pdf is selected, the PAdES digital signature can be added to the pdf document.
Hungarian eID is a hardware based token, PKCS#11 library is installed as a part of "eSzemélyi Kliens", which can be downloaded from https://eszemelyi.hu/letoltesek
Sample card can be provided by Ministery of Interior (email@example.com) or directly by Idomsoft (firstname.lastname@example.org).
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
Created attachment 135869 [details]
Test pdf that was successfully signed with hardware token.
Thanks for reporting the issue.
I'd say, this is a dupe of bug 109180.
Could you please try to reproduce it with a master build from http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ ?
You can install it alongside the standard version.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 109180 ***