I have tried to run LibreOffice with AdvancedRun (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/advanced_run.html), however I found the environment variable SAL_DISABLE_GRAPHITE does not work.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open AdvancedRun
2. Input C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 5\program\swriter.exe into Program to Run option
3. Choose "Merge the following environment variables with the system variables"
4. Input SAL_DISABLE_GRAPHITE=1 into Environment Variables
5. Click "Run"
6. Input نستعلیق in Writer
7. Change font for text to "Awami Nastaliq"
The text نستعلیق looks joined in Writer even if I disabled Graphite with environment variable.
The environment variable SAL_DISABLE_GRAPHITE should be works as expected if it was activated.
User Profile Reset: No
CPU 线程：4; 操作系统：Windows 6.19; UI 渲染：默认;
区域语言：zh-CN (zh_CN); Calc: group
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
Thank you for reporting the bug. Please attach a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested document is provided.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive information before attaching it.
See https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/FAQ#How_can_I_eliminate_confidential_data_from_a_sample_document.3F for help on how to do so.)
Created attachment 137289 [details]
OK, so you can try this file for test, alternatively, you can try to get another sample file as well as font from SIL: https://software.sil.org/awami/download/
Still reproduce in:
Version: 184.108.40.206 (x64)
CPU 线程：4; 操作系统：Windows 10.0; UI 渲染：默认;
区域语言：zh-CN (zh_CN); Calc: group
Created attachment 140216 [details]
Comparison LibreOffice 5.2 and 6.0
Could you please tell in which version it used to work?
Comparing 5.2 with SAL_DISABLE_GRAPHITE=1 and 6.0 the result seems the same
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #4)
> Hi Volga,
> Could you please tell in which version it used to work?
> Comparing 5.2 with SAL_DISABLE_GRAPHITE=1 and 6.0 the result seems the same
Could you please test it again with Awami Nastaliq font?
Created attachment 140360 [details]
Test file 2
Now I reproduced it again with Ponomar Unicode, I used this file to do it, and I can sure this bug is brought since 5.3 stage. I will show you screenshots later. But before you can reproduce, you have to get PonomarUnicode.ttf from http://www.ponomar.net/files/fonts-churchslavonic.zip
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and install LibO 5.2.7 from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/220.127.116.11/portable/LibreOfficePortablePrevious_5.2.7_MultilingualStandard.paf.exe
2. Run LibreOfficeWriterPortable.exe with SAL_DISABLE_GRAPHITE variable enabled (thanks to AdvancedRun utility)
3. Open this attached file
4. Download and install LibO 5.3.0 from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/18.104.22.168/portable/LibreOfficePortable_5.3.0_MultilingualStandard.paf.exe
5. Run LibreOfficeWriterPortable.exe with SAL_DISABLE_GRAPHITE variable enabled
6. Open this attached file again
Created attachment 140361 [details]
Screenshot from LibreOffice 5.2
Created attachment 140362 [details]
Screenshot from LibreOffice 5.3
We no longer have a way to disable Graphite support. Making such fundamental features optional is needless complexity.
(In reply to Khaled Hosny from comment #9)
> We no longer have a way to disable Graphite support. Making such fundamental
> features optional is needless complexity.
Thank you, I understand. BTW I hope bug 66597 can ge fixed soon.