Opening an existing .ods file with calc 5.2.0 (x86-64): The used font ("Liberation Sans") is shown correctly in the spreadsheet as in the font selection list combo.
After upgrading to LibreOffice 5.4.2 (x86-64):
Opening the same .ods file with calc 5.4.2: Instead of the used font "Liberation Sans" text in all cells is shown in "Courier New" font in the spreadsheet as in the font selection list combo.
After downgrading to 5.2: The document (not having saved it in 5.4!) is shown as it should be, with the correct font.
Thank you for reporting the bug. Please attach a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested document is provided.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive information before attaching it.
See https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/FAQ#How_can_I_eliminate_confidential_data_from_a_sample_document.3F for help on how to do so.)
By downgrading LO to version 5.2 (as written in the bug description) the Installation of 5.4(.2.2) was completely removed, because I had not installed LO 5.4 parallel to LO 5.2.
Should I upgrade again? To avoid the need of having to downgrade again (if LO 18.104.22.168 does not work properly), I installed LO 22.214.171.124 now in administrative mode parallel to version LO 5.2.
But LO 126.96.36.199 didn't run; it needs "VCRuntime140.dll" (ok, this kind of problem is described for administrative installations).
To give the short anser: After doing the needed steps, I could start LO 188.8.131.52, open my document and: In the cells as in the list combo the correct font is shown; the bug dissapeared.
But ... I have still some remarks:
1. As I got the "missing dll error" message, I checked the packege, which contains that dll: It is shipped with "Visual C++ Redistributables".
2. On my System, I had the "Visual C++ Redistributables" allready installed in some versions: 2010 (10.9.40219), 2012 (11.0.61030), 2013 (12.0.30501 and 12.0.40649), before I tried to install LO 184.108.40.206 (regular or in administrative mode). Doesn't contain this packages the needed version of that dll for LO 220.127.116.11?
3. I could solve the missing dll problem by installing "Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables" (14.0.24123): LO 18.104.22.168 starts without the error message.
4. Since now, after installation of "LO 22.214.171.124" AND "Visual C++ Redistributables 14.0.24123", the font problem does not longer appear. But I have some questions:
- Does LO 126.96.36.199 install "VCRuntime140.dll" in the needed version automatically in the regular installation process?
- If not: May the existing but elder versions of "VCRuntime140.dll" have caused / influenced the font error, which I found after the regular installation of LO 188.8.131.52 (being precise: before I installed "Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables" (14.0.24123) with the potentially newer version of the dll)?
I guess your initial installation of 5.4 damaged the fonts like in Bug 97982.
And 5.2 repaired them.
"Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables" is s separate issue. You may see some details in https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=108580.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 97982 ***