The Drawing Object Properties bar in my German Writer 188.8.131.52 has (among others) these two symbols:
- one pot with a downwards arrow head which says "Füllfarbe" (filling color),
- another pot beside a colored bar and a downwards arrow head, which also says "Füllfarbe".
- If I change the first, the second changes likewise.
- If I change the second, nothing else happens.
This is relatively confusing:
- If these menu items have distinct functionality, then render this clear in their handling and assign them different names.
- If they have the same functionality, merge them.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Click on a graphics figure to show Drawing Object Properties bar.
An inconsistent menu bar appeared.
Assign distinct functions to distinct symbols and merge identical functions into one symbol.
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
Yes both were essential in 4.4, the second control at that time didnt give access to the color picker widget pulldown, but starting from 5.0 the first one became redundant.
Yousuf Philips committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#81475 tdf#113434 improve drawing object toolbar
It will be available in 6.0.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.