Created attachment 137572 [details]
video showing the behavior during editing
This occurs systematically in this context :
- Debian 8 jessie, whatever the version of the graphic card driver
- PC with 5th generation Intel CPU (Broadwell) and not with 4th generation intel CPU (Haswell)
- big spreadsheets (size > 5 Mb)
- LibreOffice 5.2.x, 5.3.x, 5.4.2
The small video attached shows what users see.
Some tests have been done :
- Enabling OpenGL improves the behavior but Calc becomes very slow, so slow that it can't be the answer
- the redraw function fixes the display
- disabling AutoInput improves the behavior, because no other word is displayed below the words typed. But users need AutoInput and it doesn't really solve the problem.
- aggravating factor : centering text in a cell makes the cell completely unreadable while editing
This bug is maybe linked to this one :
As in bug 108812, could you please try to reproduce it with a master build from http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ ?
You can install it alongside the standard version.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the master build
Created attachment 137805 [details]
ghosting characters problem
As you can see problem still occurs with master_2017-11-13_22.41.23_LibreOfficeDev_220.127.116.11.alpha1_Linux_x86-64 on Debian 8 Jessie (up-to-date).
(In reply to Mathias Blanchemanche from comment #2)
> Created attachment 137805 [details]
> ghosting characters problem
FYI everything works fine on Debian 9 Stretch with LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 20m0(Build:2), that's the standard version from the debian repos.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 100925 ***