Download it now!
Bug 113862 - Editing: Custom color text crash Impress
Summary: Editing: Custom color text crash Impress
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Impress (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
5.4.2.2 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Windows (All)
: highest critical
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: needUITest
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2017-11-15 17:00 UTC by Adan
Modified: 2018-02-01 17:43 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature: ["svx::ToolboxButtonColorUpdater::Update(Color const &,bool)"]


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Adan 2017-11-15 17:00:01 UTC
Impress Version: 5.4.2.2

When I use the "toolbar" "Text Formating" and select a "custom color" Impress Crash.

I try it in Windows 10 64 bits with java 1.8.0_151 x64 and Windows 7 32 bits.

I tried deleting the file "\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\registrymodifications.xcu" but this doesn't solve the problem.

Note: If I use the "slide bar" and select "properties" I can select a custom color  and Impress don't crash.
Comment 1 Xisco Faulí 2017-11-15 17:27:55 UTC
Does it happen with any document?
Is the toolbar docked or undocked?
Does it happen in writer too?
Could you please try to reproduce it with the version 5.4.3 of LibreOffice
from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
Comment 2 Adan 2017-11-15 21:31:59 UTC
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #1)
> Does it happen with any document?
> Is the toolbar docked or undocked?
> Does it happen in writer too?
> Could you please try to reproduce it with the version 5.4.3 of LibreOffice
> from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?

Does it happen with any document?
With and without document

Is the toolbar docked or undocked?
The toolbar is docked. When the toolbar is undocked works fine. 

Does it happen in writer too?
writer it's OK.

LibreOffice Impress Version: 5.4.3.2 (x64) has the same problem. :(
Comment 3 Adan 2017-11-15 21:46:09 UTC
(In reply to Adan from comment #2)
> (In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #1)
> > Does it happen with any document?
> > Is the toolbar docked or undocked?
> > Does it happen in writer too?
> > Could you please try to reproduce it with the version 5.4.3 of LibreOffice
> > from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
> 
> Does it happen with any document?
> With and without document
> 
> Is the toolbar docked or undocked?
> The toolbar is docked. When the toolbar is undocked works fine. 
> 
> Does it happen in writer too?
> writer it's OK.
> 
> LibreOffice Impress Version: 5.4.3.2 (x64) has the same problem. :(


This is the crashreport
crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_details/6a26d38d-738b-46a7-8a9d-c4b0977f7e6f

Regards!
Comment 4 Xisco Faulí 2017-11-15 22:37:35 UTC
I can't reproduce it in

Versión: 5.4.3.2
Id. de compilación: 92a7159f7e4af62137622921e809f8546db437e5
Subprocs. CPU: 1; SO: Windows 6.1; Repres. IU: predet.; 
Configuración regional: es-ES (es_ES); Calc: group
Comment 5 Buovjaga 2017-11-16 13:51:32 UTC
Reproduced. Also with 5.4.3.

Version: 6.0.0.0.alpha1+ (x64)
Build ID: a5af0fd9f27af42cf2e8571f659cdad6e606215b
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; 
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2017-11-07_00:30:02
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); Calc: group
Comment 6 Buovjaga 2017-11-16 14:31:21 UTC
No repro on Linux

Arch Linux 64-bit
Version: 6.0.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: 121303615054568c204def97872343d2014af4a0
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.13; UI render: default; VCL: kde4; 
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group
Built on November 16th 2017
Comment 7 Adan 2017-11-16 14:31:50 UTC
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #4)
> I can't reproduce it in
> 
> Versión: 5.4.3.2
> Id. de compilación: 92a7159f7e4af62137622921e809f8546db437e5
> Subprocs. CPU: 1; SO: Windows 6.1; Repres. IU: predet.; 
> Configuración regional: es-ES (es_ES); Calc: group

It's good to hear that! Xisco, but I still have the same bug in both computers. It isn't a problem for me because there are many options for do that. However, I appreciate your help, I just wanted to inform this bug.

P.S. Sorry for destroying the English lenguaje but I don't speak English. XD

Versión: 5.4.3.2 (x64)
Id. de compilación: 92a7159f7e4af62137622921e809f8546db437e5
Subprocs. CPU: 2; SO: Windows 6.19; Repres. IU: predet.; 
Configuración regional: es-MX (es_MX); Calc: group
Comment 8 Xisco Faulí 2017-11-21 15:43:41 UTC
@raal, Could you please bisect this one when you have a moment ?
Comment 9 raal 2017-11-23 09:34:22 UTC
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #8)
> @raal, Could you please bisect this one when you have a moment ?

no repro with Version: 6.0.0.0.alpha1+  (bisect repo)
Build ID: 80af51be1aa85733b9c0b696a93edd8c6520811c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;
Comment 10 Buovjaga 2017-11-23 11:02:03 UTC
(In reply to raal from comment #9)
> (In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #8)
> > @raal, Could you please bisect this one when you have a moment ?
> 
> no repro with Version: 6.0.0.0.alpha1+  (bisect repo)
> Build ID: 80af51be1aa85733b9c0b696a93edd8c6520811c
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;

Hey, it is fixed for me, too!

Adan can try with http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86_64@42/current/

Version: 6.0.0.0.alpha1+ (x64)
Build ID: a0ebba3d8855fee0bcec04a10137ae3a4f9f0e77
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; 
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2017-11-22_05:59:17
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); Calc: group threaded