adding item Text for opening of dialogue Text in to context menu for figure in Draw
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new drawing in Draw
2. Draw rectangle and select it
3. You need to set parameters for embedded text in this figure, for example "Word wrap text in shape"
4. Right click on figure, see to context menu. You don't see item Text. May be is there text options in dialogue Area? No. Where can I set options for my text?!
5. Double click on our rectangle. You are in edit mode of text
6. Now right click and see on context menu. Wow! You see item Text...! It will open dialogue Text with different options.
You must make three clicks instead one, that find dialogue Text. Also, you must know, where find this dialogue
Any beginner user of Draw just right click on figure and he will see item Text for opening dialogue Text
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
Switching into edit mode requires a double-click (wouldn't count this as two actions), which is very common. What you suggest is a content menu item 'Edit text' that enters the text mode. Takes much more time with limited benefit.
If you mean to merge the text options (Character..., Paragraph...) into the object menu, that would make this context menu bulky. And if I remember correctly, devs said it's not possible to access text properties before entering the object.
So my take is WFM.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 94448 ***