I upgraded my LibreOffice to 18.104.22.168 from ppa (ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-6-0). After upgrading, the UI becomes half Traditional Chinese and half English. As attached images (later).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-6-0
2. apt update; apt dist-upgrade
3. After upgrading LibreOffice to 22.214.171.124 the content of zh-tw language pack is incomplete.
As attached images.
The translation ratio is nearly 100%. They should be in Traditional Chinese.
User Profile Reset: No
This should be a ubuntu packaging problem, but I didn't find out how to report such issues in launchpad.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36
Created attachment 139714 [details]
The options settings should be in Traditional Chinese not English
Trying to install LibreOffice 126.96.36.199 downloaded from LibreOffice website, the result is the same. The packages of zh-tw langpack is incomplete, not only from ppa.
Sorry, my mistake. On second check, only 188.8.131.52 from ppa has this problem. The 184.108.40.206 packages from the main website is good.
Franklin, could you please test if the 220.127.116.11 language pack from TDF also exhibited this issue? If it did, then we could assume this will be fixed when the PPA gets updated with 6.0.1 packages.
In the meantime, CCing Rico so he knows about this.
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #4)
> Franklin, could you please test if the 18.104.22.168 language pack from TDF also
> exhibited this issue? If it did, then we could assume this will be fixed
> when the PPA gets updated with 6.0.1 packages.
> In the meantime, CCing Rico so he knows about this.
No. 22.214.171.124 packages from TDF is okay. I'll attach the screenshot soon.
Created attachment 139732 [details]
126.96.36.199 downloaded from LibreOffice website is okay
I downloaded and looked into the package libreoffice-l10n-zh-tw_6.0.0~rc3-0ubuntu0.17.10.1~lo0_all.deb, and indeed the whole /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/resource directory is empty. All l10n packages in that ppa seem to be affected (they're a lot smaller compared to the 5.4.4 l10n packages, though both are also smaller than the TDF packages... haven't checked why).
Package rebuilds are on there way.
(In reply to Rico Tzschichholz from comment #8)
> Package rebuilds are on there way.
So far in the version 1:6.0.1~rc1 of libreoffice-l10n-zh-tw, the resources/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/ folder is still empty.
# dpkg -L libreoffice-l10n-zh-tw
I move the *.mo in language pack libobasis6.0-zh-tw_188.8.131.52-1_amd64.deb (from LibreOffice website) to /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/resource/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES (Notice that the folder should be zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES instead of zh-tw/LC_MESSAGES)
and it works now.
(In reply to Franklin Weng from comment #10)
> I move the *.mo in language pack libobasis6.0-zh-tw_184.108.40.206-1_amd64.deb
> (from LibreOffice website) to
> /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/resource/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES (Notice that the
> folder should be zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES instead of zh-tw/LC_MESSAGES)
> and it works now.
Thanks for looking into it further. I have updated the patch and it should more correct now. Updated packages should be available soon.
(In reply to Rico Tzschichholz from comment #11)
> (In reply to Franklin Weng from comment #10)
> > I move the *.mo in language pack libobasis6.0-zh-tw_220.127.116.11-1_amd64.deb
> > (from LibreOffice website) to
> > /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/resource/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES (Notice that the
> > folder should be zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES instead of zh-tw/LC_MESSAGES)
> > and it works now.
> Thanks for looking into it further. I have updated the patch and it should
> more correct now. Updated packages should be available soon.
The new packages works.
This one is solved and can be closed. Thanks for fixing it.