New styles can't be added using the 'hamburger' menu in the styles sidebar for frame/list styles
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch Writer
2. Sidebar -> Styles Deck -> List Styles
3. Right click inside the side list -> New is available
4. The hamburger menu next to the Fill format bucket is greyed out (similar to the Fill format bucket). It's working for page styles, paragraph styles & Character styles
The hamburger menu next to the Fill format bucket is greyed out
Should be enabled in my opinion (or is this because of Update styles or load styles not working?)
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: e5bc7fa4e83b33fc3eee343e560a4f8cb91eacd6
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-03-14_23:37:38
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); Calc: group
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
I can reproduce it, but as you (Telesto) mentioned, there might be a good reason for that => needsUXEval
It's the Fill Format Mode which is disabled all the time. The New menu (hamburger depending on the icon set) becomes active when you are in a list. The same happens for table styles except it also enables the Fill Mode. Don't think we need to change this.
Created attachment 140737 [details]
(In reply to Heiko Tietze from comment #2)
> It's the Fill Format Mode which is disabled all the time. The New menu
> (hamburger depending on the icon set) becomes active when you are in a list.
> The same happens for table styles except it also enables the Fill Mode.
> Don't think we need to change this.
Not sure if I understand this correctly. The "New styles from selection" (and Fill Format mode) are both deactivated in general for:
* Frame styles
* List Styles
New styles can be added by right click -> New. But not with the hamburger menu (which is possible with the other styles)
(In reply to Telesto from comment #3)
> Not sure if I understand this correctly. The "New styles from selection"
> (and Fill Format mode) are both deactivated in general for:
> * Frame styles
> * List Styles
Create a list, place the cursor inside, and you will see the menu enabled.
(In reply to Heiko Tietze from comment #4)
Ah, OK. I get it now.. And yes, the description matches with the button function this way.
However, I'm still convinced about the limitation/ (forced) workflow.
* It is quite unintuitive. It can be explained but, not obvious. The hamburger menu mostly works. My first thought: I'm not able to add new styles (similar to the 'Table styles" behavior).
* How do load some new list styles in advance -> can't be done until I created a random bullet list. Strange limitation.
* Right click within the styles Column -> New is still possible. Looks like the same function to me...
Updated bug summary and link to related bug