After opening the sample RTF, which is correctly rendered, if the file is saved s RTF (I used a new filename in testing), the page break is lost (see Bug 116753) and the header text from p.2 is put in a footnote on p.1. On re-opening the saved file, the distortions are seen.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the sample uploaded RTF
2. Save As an RTF and close
3. Re-open save RTF
Header text from p.2 is in footnote on p.1
Better handling. Saving As RTF may lose some formatting (in this case, there's no change in page style after p.1), but page break should have been retained, and the header text of p.2 at least put at the top of p.2 - but since opening the original showed a header change correctly, perhaps a page style change should have been forced?
User Profile Reset: Yes
OpenGL enabled: Yes
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) QupZilla/1.8.9 Safari/538.1
Created attachment 141032 [details]
Sample test file in RTF format
This report came from an observation against bug 92013
If I open the document, I have footnote 3 on page 2. The text of the footnote is "Header text". I saved th document and reopened it. Page break is lost and so footnote 3 is on the first page. I think it's only a duplicae of bug 116573, but nothing else.
(In reply to Dieter Praas from comment #3)
> If I open the document, I have footnote 3 on page 2. The text of the
> footnote is "Header text". I saved th document and reopened it. Page break
> is lost and so footnote 3 is on the first page. I think it's only a duplicae
> of bug 116573, but nothing else.
Why would it be a duplicate of "Opening multiple documents at once on Mac sometimes fails"?
(In reply to Buovjaga from comment #4)
> Why would it be a duplicate of "Opening multiple documents at once on Mac
> sometimes fails"?
I obviously entered the wrong bug number, I meant bug 116753, which I added in "See also"
I can confirm the bug with Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha1 /deb64
Build ID: 3ca42d8d51174010d5e8a32b96e9b4c0b3730a53
Threads 4; Ver: 4.10; Render: default;
Build ID: c15927f20d4727c3b8de68497b6949e72f9e6e9e
Version 220.127.116.11.alpha0+ (Build ID: efca6f15609322f62a35619619a6d5fe5c9bd5a)
but not in
Bibisected on Linux with 43all to range https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?qt=range&q=4026e1824de8ff9b5d006ae6eba491f91bc4e599...3d4288c1c0b593421c7f6619c88584bdb7c53337
Dear Bernard Moreton,
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
I can confirm that the bug is still present in the current version:
Build ID: 1:6.2.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1~lo1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-GB
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 116753 ***