Steps to reproduce
1. Create a folder a call it "presentation_test"
2. Create an odp and save it in that folder
3. Find a video, place it in the folder and then drag it into the presentation
4. Save and then reopen the odp. The preview imgae of the video should appear
5. Rename the folder to "presentation test" (replace the underscore with a space)
6. Reopen the odp. The preview of the video won't appear (replaced with grey question mark) but will still play in the presentation.
I'm using Libre Office 6 on Ubuntu 18.04
Repro on Linux, but not on Windows.
Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 288878045e54651ffe96e5faa879ab3bbabf9510
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-06-04_23:12:13
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); Calc: group threaded
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: 67aaa98600269e6b8fa631146c3649a261369471
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.16; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Built on June 7th 2018
One manifestation of the problem (not quoting paths): when I was testing another bug, it had a file 'billy elliot.mpeg'. When I inserted it to Impress, I got this in the terminal:
'No src-element named "elliot" - omitting link'
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Bug is still present
Version: 22.214.171.124 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 10(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.8; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI: en-GB
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.1.1~rc2-0ubuntu0.20.10.1~lo1