FILESAVE to .xlsm files with password protection not working (Calc)
SAVE WITH PASSWORD (XLSM files) not working. After closing the file, I am able to open it without using any passwords.
SAVE AS WITH PASSWORD (XLSM files) not working. After closing the file, I am able to open it without using any passwords.
SAVE OR SAVE AS WITH READ-ONLY PASSWORD AND EDIT PASSWORD OPTIONS SELECTED (XLSM files) not working. After closing the file, I am able to open it, edit, and save without using any passwords.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a spreadsheet
2. Save to .xlsm format (same thing happens if you do a Save As of a spreadsheet originally saved in a different format).
3. Select the option to password protect (same thing happens if you also add the option to make this read-only and add an additional password for editing).
4. Enter and confirm your password and save the file.
5. Close the file.
6. Open the file, and you will see no password is requested. File opens as if there were no password protection.
7. Even if you originally opted to save as read-only and added an additional password for editing permission, you are still able to edit and save changes on this file. You are never asked for a password for this either.
I can save an XLSM spreadsheet as password protected, and even as read only with an addition password to allow editing, but when I go to open and edit these supposedly password-protected files, it's as though I had never set any password protection at all.
In the case of a simple Save/Save As with password protection, I would expect to be asked to enter a password before being allowed to open the file.
In the case of additionally selecting read-only status and adding a separate password to enable editing, I would expect to be asked to enter the read-only password upon attempting to open the file, and to be asked to enter the editing permission password upon attempting to edit the file.
User Profile Reset: Yes
I performed the steps to rest my UserProfile but the problem persisted.
OpenGL is NOT enabled.
Created attachment 143738 [details]
A supposedly password protected read only spreadsheet
A simple spreadsheet saved as a read only, password-protected XLSM file with an additional editing password.
Read-only password: open
Editing password: edit
Verified with 184.108.40.206 thru 6.2Master (Ubuntu 18.04)
*** Bug 126534 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***