I was in a blank document with the Portuguese (pt_PT) language and typed:
I got a blank character.
I changed the editing language to British and typed:
And a blank character I got.
This seems to have begun at the below commit.
Adding Cc: to XXX ; Could you possibly take a look at this one?
fdb0edb054161b1290a0a11ab53fce48d700e765 is the first bad commit
Author: Jenkins Build User <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Aug 17 01:20:30 2018 +0200
author Miklos Vajna <email@example.com> 2018-08-16 17:35:17 +0200
committer Miklos Vajna <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2018-08-16 23:39:15 +0200
commit 436b829f5b904d76039db0818cff5dedf1ae89f1 (patch)
parent c5dc042219e9872937f9fe1cb68f2f03423f398e (diff)
sw: save one vcl layout call in SwFntObj::DrawText()
The Unicode codepoint is being assigned--verify with an <alt>+x to toggle, but if font fallback does not occur you will have a blank glyph.
Works correctly if you assign a font to the paragraph that includes a glyph for the emoji/symbol, e.g. Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol, or Symbola
Thanks for the fast feedback, indeed I broke glyph fallback with the above. I'll take care.
Miklos Vajna committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#119451 vcl layout cache: fix glyph fallback handling
It will be available in 6.2.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Build ID: 3bd8316718fdfed454c01a9c4ae6af6beb34437d
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
@Miklos, Thanks for fixing this!!