Opening a .odg file without specifying the file format type now opens in Impress instead of in Draw.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a odg document in Draw and save it to disk.
2. Close and open LibreOffice Draw.
3. Open the file you just saved.
4. It opens it in Impress.
The file opens in Impress.
The file is expected to be opened in Draw.
User Profile Reset: No
The workaround for me for now is to open the fileopen dialog, select the file, then set the file type to "ODF Drawing (*.odg)". I've noticed there is "ODF Drawing (Impress) (*.odg)" in the drop-down menu. I wonder if that filter type is selected instead...
Did you try in Safe mode?
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
Build ID: efb621ed25068d70781dc026f7e9c5187a4decd1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); Calc: group threaded
No repro with LO 126.96.36.199 & 6.2 daily build (2018-08-17_00:41:06, 380d0fda99ff664de8443cfc33c7c86bca18134c) / Windows 7.
File opens in Draw upon opening it without format selection.
I can't reproduce it in
Build ID: e78a6c4231cfb33643b45442b786e1e31b2781a8
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
To be certain the reported issue is not
related to corruption in the user profile, could you please reset your
Libreoffice profile ( https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile ) and
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
'UNCONFIRMED' if the issue is still present
Kohei said he had reset the profile.
Try having a Impress document open first. Then from the Open icon drop-down menu of Impress, select a Draw document (.odg) from the list of recent documents.
(In reply to Kohei Yoshida from comment #6)
> Try having a Impress document open first. Then from the Open icon drop-down
> menu of Impress, select a Draw document (.odg) from the list of recent
Adding Cc: to Armin Le Grand. What do you think?
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: d30e76eb7854e9a4f170677719ad0ac3f92ef297
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.18; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3_kde5;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
Built on August 23rd 2018
I can reproduce it back to
Build ID: 3ca42d8d51174010d5e8a32b96e9b4c0b3730a53
Threads 4; Ver: 4.10; Render: defaul
but not in
Build ID: 0db96caf0fcce09b87621c11b584a6d81cc7df86
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8)
it need to be bisected with 5.1 repo...
Bibsected to the following commit using repo bibisect-win32-5.1. Considering the commit is only an addition to another commit referenced in the commit message, likely the problem originated from the referenced commit.
author Maxim Monastirsky <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2015-11-08 01:33:47 +0200
committer Maxim Monastirsky <email@example.com> 2015-11-08 10:47:10 +0200
"Fix property name: ModuleName -> ModuleIdentifier"
author Ariel Constenla-Haile <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2013-04-26 21:55:57 +0000
committer Caolán McNamara <email@example.com> 2013-05-21 16:29:33 +0100
"UI Controller Factory fixes"
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #9)
> Bibsected to the following commit using repo bibisect-win32-5.1. Considering
> the commit is only an addition to another commit referenced in the commit
> message, likely the problem originated from the referenced commit.
Actually the problem originated from a different commit, see Bug 121128 comment 7.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 65017 ***