Bug 119838 - Translated caption categories suddenly missing
Summary: Translated caption categories suddenly missing
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
(earliest affected) release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
Depends on:
Reported: 2018-09-13 08:55 UTC by Victor
Modified: 2019-05-08 20:48 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:

The caption that I already used is no longer listed in the caption categories (73.08 KB, image/jpeg)
2018-09-13 08:55 UTC, Victor

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Victor 2018-09-13 08:55:15 UTC
Created attachment 144830 [details]
The caption that I already used is no longer listed in the caption categories

After using a translated caption category 64 times in a document, the translated categories somehow went missing and now I can't add pictures that will end up on the same ToC. I hadn't even restarted my computer since I last actually used this category. BTW the translated caption categories listed in the Insert-Caption dialog box where there by default until now. I didn't have to add them manually or something. Also if I go to cross-reference and choose illustrations it lists all the translated equivalent captions but if a add an illustration caption it just says illistration (that's to be expected but someone on the forum had a bug where it would show up different so I had to try it). Why and how did they dissapear and can they be brought back?
Comment 1 Xisco Faulí 2018-09-13 09:04:18 UTC
Hello Victor,
Thanks for reporting the issue.
The problem is you're writing a non-english document with an english UI.
This is a duplicate of bug 44451

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 44451 ***
Comment 2 Victor 2018-09-13 10:09:56 UTC
I don't think this is a duplicate. 
I don't want to cross-reference anything. I had seen the bug you redirected me to and that's why I checked to see what the cross-reference of these captions looked like. 
Indeed I am writing a non-english document with an english UI but the caption categories I was using were there and worked correctly but suddenly they're not there anymore...How do I reverse this? In other words my problem wasn't there to begin with, it occured a lot later.
Comment 3 Xisco Faulí 2018-09-13 10:10:57 UTC
Then, is it a dupe of bug 119738?
Comment 4 Victor 2018-09-13 10:14:25 UTC
I don't thinks so. I used LO from the beginning. It's definately not a version compatibility issue.
Comment 5 Xisco Faulí 2018-09-17 11:06:52 UTC
 Moving it back to UNCONFIRMED until someone else confirms it.
Comment 6 Dieter 2018-09-17 11:30:21 UTC
Victor, I don't know how to confirm this bug. I think you had to provide an example file or some steps how to reproduce it. You mentioned, that you are using LO 5.4. LO 5.4 is EOL, so there will be no further development. Do yopu have the same problem with an actual cversion of LO (at least 6.0.6)?

=> set status to NEEDINFO
Comment 7 QA Administrators 2019-03-21 11:11:22 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 8 QA Administrators 2019-05-08 20:48:53 UTC
Dear Victor,

Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.

Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):

a) Provide details of your system including your operating
   system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
   confirmed the bug to be present

b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better

c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem

d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help

e) Read all comments and provide any requested information

Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:

a) respond via email 

b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
   on the top section of our bug tracker

Warm Regards,
QA Team