This is a follow up of issue 118261
The new feature introduced in LibO 6 to "spell out" numbering still does not work on Linux.
For chapter numbering, when using "1º, 2º, 3º..." I obtain instead
When using "Uno, Dos, Tres..." I obtain instead
When using "Primero, Segundo, Tercero..." I obtain instead
Tested with vanilla build in openSUSE Leap 15.0. I've also tested
Build ID: 18c5089df091bddeb8c2dc339776671964389040
with same results.
Not reproducible with ppa Version: 22.214.171.124
Build ID: 1:6.1.1~rc2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1~lo3
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
- so it must be a packaging problem.
Christian, could you please take a look?
I confirm it's a packaging problem: the feature works with openSUSE Leap builds(1), but not with the vanilla builds: it fails on both 6.1.x and 6.2 alpha.
(In reply to RGB from comment #2)
> I confirm it's a packaging problem: the feature works with openSUSE Leap
> builds(1), but not with the vanilla builds: it fails on both 6.1.x and 6.2
> (1) http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/6.1/
By Suse developer Tomáš Chvátal (tchvatal at suse.com), a configuration option was added to libnumbertext to use regex support of system Boost instead of the native C++11 regexes, so maybe this is the background of the difference.
The upcoming C++ compiler update of the TDF builds will solve the missing C++11 regex support of the vanilla builds, too.
Moving to NEW as per comment 2
I think 6.2 uses the updated C++ compiler but I don't know about 6.1...
Created attachment 147237 [details]
Screenshot showing behaviour
I have this problem, too, in LO Writer in LO version 126.96.36.199, which I downloaded yesterday from LO's web site, on my Debian 9.6 system.
Before I installed LO in version 188.8.131.52 on my machine, I removed the older LO version 5.x from the installed deb-packages. Version 5.x is part of the repositories of Debian version 9.x.
I noticed this behaviour when I wanted to create numbered entries in a table of contents.
So every entry in the TOC should look like "<Number 1> <Entry 1 in TOC>" and so on, corresponding to the appropriate <heading 1> in the text, and so on.
Instead, the TOC shows "Ordinal-number 1 Ordinal-number 1 Ordinal-number 1 Ordinal-number 1 Ordinal-number 1" in front of <entry 1>, "Ordinal-number 2 Ordinal-number 2 Ordinal-number 2 Ordinal-number 2 Ordinal-number 2" in front of <entry 2> and so on.
What did I do?
1. I created headings in my text by assigning the styles "Heading 1" and "Heading 2" to them.
2. I created a TOC
Everything is fine until here.
3. I opened Tools > Chapter Numbering, there I only edited the settings for level 1, i.e. there I only set the field "Number" to "1st, 2nd, 3rd" and clicked OK.
4. I updated the index of the TOC.
The result is the behaviour which I described above.
I am using Debian "Stretch" (stable release, version 9.6).
The above-mentioned programme libnumbertext which probably would resolve the issue on my machine is not available as a Debian package for the currently stable release of Debian.
But libnumbertext is part of the Debian package python3-num2words (0.5.6-1), which is available for the currently unstable Debian release "Sid":
The Python section of all available Debian packages for the stable Debian release "Stretch" does not contain the package python3-num2words:
So I have to wait until appr. 2021 to resolve the issue reported in this bug entry. Then the currently unstable release "Sid" probably will have become stable, refer to:
I do not like to use testing and unstable Debian releases.
By the way, as far as I can remember the behaviour described in this bug entry also occurs in LO version 5.x which is part of the Debian repositories for the stable Debian release 9.x
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
It's now working on both, 184.108.40.206.0 and 220.127.116.11.beta1