Linux Mint 18.3:
In case I want so access a shared spreadsheet over samba the shared mode is not detected ( spreadsheet seems as if it was not shared under tools -> share spreadsheet -> "Share this spreadsheet with other users" ).
I am even not able to enable this option when manipulating a file stored on remote samba folder:
Nothing happens after I try to activate it, as if I never selected this option ( tools -> share spreadsheet -> tick "Share this spreadsheet with other users" ).
No problems detected when accessing remote file from windows.
In linux Mint 18.3 it works fine if file is copied and stored locally - then shared mode is detected and can be manipulated as expected.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. on Linux mint PC A: enable shared mode on a calc file, close spreadsheet
2. on Linux mint PC A: folder containing the stored calc file is shared (via samba)
3. on Linux mint PC B: access the remote folder, open the calc file which is supposed to be in shared mode
4. When file opened I am not informed the file is in shared mode
5. If checked under tools -> Share spreadsheet the "Share this spreadsheet with other users" is not ticked <<---
6. close spreadsheet on computer B ( which is accessing remote folder ), don't save anything
7. open same spreadsheet on computer A ( on its local folder ) - it informs spreasheet is in shared mode
8. now open same file on computer B remotely
9. document is opened in readonly mode, as if it was locked <<---
10. close document on computer B
11. copy the shared file from computer A and stored it locally on computer B and open it
12. when opened I am informed of shared mode which is expected
13. on Windows PC C: open document ( accessed remotely via shared folder from Linux computer A )
14. shared mode is detected and works as expected
on all three computers version 6.1.3 is installed
.When accessing the file ( from Linux mint 18.3 computer ) via remote/samba folder the shared mode is not available/detected.
When trying to activate shared mode on file accessed via samba nothing happens.
Shared mode should be detected on a calc file when opened via shared/samba folder from a linux mint computer.
User Profile Reset: No
Thanks for reporting this issue.
This is being discussed in bug 115747.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 115747 ***
I am not sure it's a dupe of tdf#115747. That bug is about inability to open files in RW mode when it's impossible to create lockfiles (on the share in particular); the specific case discussed there is when the share precludes creating dot-named files - and in that case, it wouldn't matter if LibreOffice is started on Linux or Windows. In the case raised here, to the contrary, it is clearly possible to open the file in RW mode remotely, both from Linux and from Windows (see steps 3 and 13-14). The problem is, that using Linux, the "shared spreadsheet" mode is not reported properly, which is very different from the issue which this is marked as a duplicate.
A new major release of LibreOffice is available since this bug was reported.
Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice
from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version.