Show comment at end of sheet setting in XLSX documents created with Microsoft Excel 2010 is not imported when the document is opened in LibreOffice Calc.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new document in Microsoft Excel.
2. Type text to A1 cell.
3. Deselect and select the A1 cell.
4. Right-click the cell and then click New Comment.
5. Type text.
6. On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click the Dialog Box Launcher Button next to Page Setup.
7. Select Sheet tab.
8. In the Print group, select “At end of sheet” next to Comments.
9. Press OK button.
10. Save the file as XLSX.
11. Open the same file in Calc.
12. Choose File > Print Preview.
13. Compare the original file opened in Excel and Calc.
Comment is not shown at end of sheet.
Comment should be the same as in the original file when the document is opened in Microsoft Excel 2010.
User Profile Reset: No
Created attachment 147039 [details]
Screenshot of the original document side by side in Excel and Calc.
Created attachment 147040 [details]
Example file from Excel
Please attach test file. Attached file is not spreadsheet, but text file. Thank you
Created attachment 147068 [details]
Example file from Excel
Repro 6.3+. Inherited.
Cause is that LO doesn't import Format-Page-Sheet-Comments for XLSX.
This is specific to XLSX, XLS fileopen and end of sheet print is fine in general.
Note: in XLS will LO print both visible comments on page and on the following sheet. If print on page is not needed, comments can be turned off with View-Comments. I consider that behavior logical and fine.
Dear NISZ LibreOffice Team,
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Further to a recent email from the team (ref: "To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.")
I have done further testing with a basic Calc-produced .xls and .xlsx file which was then opened in MS Excel. As per the original bug, the comments saved within the Calc produced .xls files are respected by MS Excel only in so far as they print using "Displayed at end of sheet", but are not respected when "As displayed in sheet". I conclude there is something anomalous between how Calc saves an .xls file versus how Excel does.
I have tried the same test using .xlsx file and I can report that with my basic test, the .xlsx file which was originated in Calc does indeed print properly when loaded by Excel.
I can supply the attachments if so required. (currently using Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64) Build ID: 98b30e735bda24bc04ab42594c85f7fd8be07b9c)
Previous comment is for filesave bug 117815, so wrongly set Unconfirmed here in Fileopen bug. I set status back to New. Lo 6.5+.