Created attachment 147369 [details]
Dummy ODS file that can be used as mail merge data source
This is specific to the kde5 VCL plugin. It works as expected when using e.g. the gtk3 VCL plugin instead.
Build ID: cb52b112c0d44d7a6849f773fd1ee4e863ab91da
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.18; UI render: default; VCL: kde5;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Steps to reproduce:
1) open a new document in Writer
2) "Tools" -> "Mail Merge Wizard"
3) keep "Use the current document" selected, click "Next"document
4) "Next" (keep "Letter" selected")
5) choose "Select Address list" to add a new data source
6) click "Add"
7) in the file dialog, select an existing Calc sheet with (dummy) mail merge data, confirm
Result: A white window appears, that has the document name in the the title, but no useful content.
Expected result: The window should be shown at all.
Created attachment 147370 [details]
Screenshot of the white window
This might in the end be the same issue as bug 119853.
Confirmed from my side
Build ID: e3e15d8c625cbf56e1f03d9ebde966e78844c7a4
CPU threads: 1; OS: Linux 4.14; UI render: default; VCL: kde5;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@86-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2018-12-13_20:10:25
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
I fixed bug 119853 and it made this one go away as well
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 119853 ***