- In an empty document, add a single empty line.
- Add a shape somewhere, it's going to be anchored to the second line.
- Select shape, and move its anchor up to the first line.
- Right-click shape, select Add Text Box.
=> Text box is created in the wrong (shape's original) position.
The same happens if the text box is created for the shape first, and the anchor is moved afterwards.
Observed using LO 126.96.36.199.alpha0+ (6d70e04f66cbeb3aeeb1e9b69d5b201ae3d24747) & 188.8.131.52 / Windows 7.
In 184.108.40.206 it's not possible to insert text box to for a shape.
Build ID: 6740443311268b7d918bf4f43134d64fb78a0109
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3; UI render: default; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-01-15_23:37:04
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); UI-Language: en-US
Did report something similar a long time ago.. @V Stuart Foote noted that there are two types of text insertion.
1. Take a Circle or Square (not working for Rectangle, but for most shapes).. double click it -> Text cursor will appear..
2. Other way: Right-click shape, select Add Text Box.
There was some talk about unification..
Bakos Attila committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#107225 tdf#122887 sw: fix reanchoring of textboxes
It will be available in 7.1.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Created attachment 163677 [details]
How it looks in the current master
Build ID: 6ad2f463784a24c566477cdd60ae729651bb8564
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: ro-RO (ro_RO.UTF-8); UI: en-US
*** Bug 135745 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 135815 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
It's still not 100% OK, based on bug 135815
1. Open the attachment 164362 [details]
2. Save as DOCX
3. File -> Reload
4. Start dragging the textbox to different positions within the table
(In reply to Telesto from comment #7)
> 2. Save as DOCX
I believe this bug report is for .odt
Saving to DOCX is a completely different matter.
Right, and the steps in comment 7 are different from bug 135815's steps, too. Telesto, please open a new bug report.