I am using BETA version 6.2
When creating a New Database or Accessing an Existing Database while EDITING.
In Tables "Open Database Object"
I can right click a Field Column and select Column Width but cannot ALTER its Width. In fact it is quite easy to lose the Column!
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a DataBase and select "Tables" the "Open DataBase Object"
2. Right click a column heading and select "Column Width"
3. You will NOT be able to ALTER the Width
One should be able to alter the width of the column to fit the data in the Field. NOTHING can be done.
User Profile Reset: No
The column width should increase or decrease as required
Using Ubuntu 18.04.1 and LO 6.2 RC2 I was unable to confirm the problem.
I was able to open a Table View window and change the display size for any column, but either double clicking on the column header which expands the column size to show the text contained, or , by grabbing the right edge of the column header with the mouse and dragging it to the right.
I tried with multiple SDBC drivers since you didn't name which one you used.
Perhaps someone with a 32 bit Windows install will have different results.
Created attachment 148690 [details]
screen shot of problem with dialog
Ah - then I went back tried doing with the width dialog you mention.
You are correct that does not work.
The screen shot shows the dialog immediately upon opening, after making the column with data larger then the default directly by dragging the side of header with mouse: Note the control for setting the size is disabled while the automatic checkbox is empty - this seems backwards.
Put a check mark in the Automatic field and the actual size box becomes active, allowing you to enter a different size, but since the automatic option is now active when you save this the "Automatic" width setting wins.
So I will confirm this issue and change the status line also to reflect that it is the Dialog behavior that is broken.
Dear Peter Banks,
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Thanks for retesting the issue with the latest version.
Setting to RESOLVED WORKSFORME since the commit fixing this issue hasn't been