- Switch to a non-English locale that has dictionary, eg. German (Germany).
- Start a new presentation, make sure automatic spell-checking is on.
- Enter a valid English word that's invalid in the language, eg. "this ". (with the space, note how it's flagged by the spell-checker)
- Click on language on status bar, and select English (USA), or do the same via Tools -> Language -> For All Text -> English (USA). (note how language becomes English (USA), and the word isn't flagged anymore)
- Add a new slide.
- Enter the same English word ("this ").
=> The word is flagged as incorrect.
Running Tools -> Spelling... shows that the language used for the text is the the original language (German (Germany)), not English (USA), even though the status bar shows English (USA).
Observed using LO 184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11 / Windows 7.
In 18.104.22.168 language can only be switched using the menu, and the squiggly line doesn't disappear right away, without editing the text, but the bug is there nevertheless.
In 22.214.171.124 language menu doesn't contain English, not sure if the same results can be achieved, likely not worth it.
Moving to NEW