The text alignment in comment in XLSX documents created with Microsoft Excel 2016 is incorrect when the document is opened in LibreOffice Calc.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel 2016.
2. Select a cell.
3. On the Review tab, in the Comments group, click New Comment.
4. Type text.
5. On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, select Center or Align Right.
6. On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, select Middle Align or Bottom Align.
7. On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, click Orientation, and then select an option.
8. Save the file as XLSX.
9. Open the same file in Calc.
10. Compare the original file opened in Excel and Calc.
The text alignment in comment is incorrect.
The text alignment in comment should be the same as in the original file when the document is opened in Excel.
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: 950bdd703bb4430526598a132897a6b77cb21005
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); UI-Language: en-US
Build ID: 7e68ba2-a744ebf-1f241b7-c506db1-7d53735
Created attachment 149118 [details]
Screenshot of the original document side by side in Excel and Calc.
Created attachment 149119 [details]
Example file from Excel.
Build ID: a8f21e120b1073d7019d41e85cc9a15104ed5c93
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
For horizontal adjustment, see Bug 123339
Szabolcs Toth committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#123341 XLSX: fix vertical alignment in comments
It will be available in 6.4.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.