After upgrading from Ubuntu 18.10 to 19.04 Libreoffice lost its ability to write to network drives. In my case it's a DAVS system, which I connect to using Nautilus. I access the file on the drive with Nautilus, open a file by double-clicking it, it opes without problems, I can change it and save it, but I cannot export the document as PDF or "Save As" another document at the same location. I get one popup window saying: "Error saving the document <document name>: Nonexistent file" and after closing it another one opens with "Error saving the document <document name>: General error. General input/output error".
The problem seems to emerge from time to time, as this example shows:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Map a network drive through Nautilus
2. Access a LibreOffice document on this drive, open it by double-clicking it
3. Try to export the document as PDF to the same location or try to save it under another name without changing the location of the file
one popup window saying: "Error saving the document <document name>: Nonexistent file" apperars and after closing it another one opens with "Error saving the document <document name>: General error. General input/output error".
The software should export a file or write it down under a new name.
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: 1:6.2.2-0ubuntu2
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.0; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: pl-PL (pl_PL.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Is that with the LibreOffice provided by Ubuntu? If yes, please report the issue in Ubuntu's bug tracking system (and leave a link to that report here, fore reference).
(In reply to Stephan Bergmann from comment #1)
> Is that with the LibreOffice provided by Ubuntu? If yes, please report the
> issue in Ubuntu's bug tracking system (and leave a link to that report here,
> fore reference).
I have noticed the problem with the Ubuntu package first and I have reported it through Ubuntu - the link is provided in the "See also" section of this ticket, but I post it here anyway:
They asked me to report it here, so I did it. I have also uninstalled the Ubuntu package and installed the LibreOffice_6.2.3_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz package, which is the latest stable version available on the LibreOffice official pages. The same problem occured, so it's not only the problem with the Ubuntu version.
I have also created a new system profile and confirmed that the problem still persists with the new account.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 123472 ***