The Mark invalid data function (Tools > Detective > Mark invalid data) can be used to mark invalid data in a validated cell with a red ellipse. This function also exists in Microsoft Excel, but Excel turns this function off automatically when saving the spreadsheet as XLSX. Calc on the other hand saves it as a regular, non-functioning ellipse shape in XLSX. It would probably make more sense to drop it entirely when saving the spreadsheet as XLSX, similarly how Excel turns this function off when saving.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new spreadsheet.
2. Fill the A1:A3 cells with the following numbers: 1, 5, 15 and the B1:B3 cells with the following numbers: 12, 8, 16.
3. Select the A1:B3 cells and click on Data > Validity.
4. In the “Validity” window set the following criteria: “Allow: Whole numbers”, “Data: less than”, “Maximum: 10” and click on OK.
5. Turn on the “Mark invalid data” function by clicking on Tools > Detective > Mark invalid data – the A3, B1 and B3 cells should have red ellipses around them.
6. Save the file as XLSX and reload it by clicking on File > Reload.
The ellipse around the B3 cell is converted to a regular, non-functioning ellipse shape in XLSX, while the ellipses that were around the A3 and B1 cells are lost – presumably because parts of those shapes were outside the sheets boundary. If the same XLSX is opened in Microsoft Excel 2013 all three red ellipses are visible.
Ellipses shouldn't be exported when saving the spreadsheet as XLSX.
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha1+ (x64)
Build ID: c3245cfd54f391111afb424867ab483096d9de5e
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-05-19_22:59:06
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); UI-Language: en-US
Already happens in:
Build ID: 7e68ba2-a744ebf-1f241b7-c506db1-7d53735
Created attachment 151554 [details]
The original file created with LibreOffice Calc.
Created attachment 151555 [details]
The file exported as XLSX.
Created attachment 151556 [details]
A screenshot showcasing the issue.
Build ID: 38ac0586448d4f07811b139f62f62686b029feba
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Szabolcs Toth committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#133688 tdf#125414 XLSX: don't export tracer arrows
It will be available in 7.1.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.