My Calc project worked just fine until LibreOffice 184.108.40.206, but from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168, The most important curve can not be displayed anymore, because somethig goes wrong in some "iterative" calculus.
Steps to Reproduce:
Open the file "Modelisation trajectoire aeronef avec vent.ods" with Calc 22.214.171.124 or newer.
In FiltrageVent sheet, observe all "err :522" on columns H,I,K etc...
I expected the same result as when opening the file with Calc 126.96.36.199 or older.
User Profile Reset: No
With Calc 188.8.131.52, I have already been able to make the calculus temporarily work again, by copying several times the cells down columns G,H,Y, or up column DN, from FiltrageVent sheet. But saving and opening again the file brought back the errors.
I wish I was able to norrow down the problem to something more precise, but that is all I can say so far.
Created attachment 154545 [details]
This file is not properly calculated since Calc 184.108.40.206
Regression introduced by:
author Luboš Luňák <email@example.com> 2019-01-25 15:08:16 +0100
committer Luboš Luňák <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2019-01-28 11:01:06 +0100
commit 906b505940f6330d2336164f341e338ff4b9b9ee (patch)
parent 6f5991261a152812d5023fd146398c1528683676 (diff)
avoid a calc threads assert because of an undetected cyclic dependency
Bisected with: bibisect-linux64-6.3
Adding Cc: to Luboš Luňák
The problem is not happening if you disable calculation threading.
Tools - Options - LibreOffice Calc - Calculate
Actually it's a duplicate of bug 124270
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 124270 ***
Indeed, disabling multithreaded calculations removes the "Err :522", but the calculations become wrong, with an unstable result...
Thank you Xisco Fauli, for these steps forward.
repro with 220.127.116.11alpha1+, nonrepro with 18.104.22.168, but also the second is not 'bugfree'.
!respect! - huge project,
while not fixed go back to 22.214.171.124, it's the most stable version i've seen yet,
also try to use it 'unthreaded', i had - very rare - 'err:522' and 'stuck calculations' (values not updated unless 'hard recalc') also in this version when 'threaded',
avoid doing productive work with 'dev' versions, i learned it the hard way :-(
(but i hope my problems contributed to the overall quality of the program)
Thank you b, that is all very well said.
I did go back to 126.96.36.199, with backups and all that. And I will keep your advice in mind, if I see strange results. It probably happened already, but the project seems to be quite stable now, even with threaded calculations enabled.
I only tried 'dev' versions so that my reports can be as accurate as possible. And I mainly use Linux to work on this project...
(In reply to b. from comment #6)
> repro with 188.8.131.52alpha1+, nonrepro with 184.108.40.206, but also the second is not
> hello guillaume,
> !respect! - huge project,
> my suggestions:
> while not fixed go back to 220.127.116.11, it's the most stable version i've seen
> (since 18.104.22.168)
> also try to use it 'unthreaded', i had - very rare - 'err:522' and 'stuck
> calculations' (values not updated unless 'hard recalc') also in this version
> when 'threaded',
> avoid doing productive work with 'dev' versions, i learned it the hard way
> (but i hope my problems contributed to the overall quality of the program)