1. Insert a variable (Ctrl-F2, Variable tab, Set variable, Insert)
2. Right-click on inserted field, choose "Edit field"
3. Click on Help button (goes to: https://help.libreoffice.org/7.0/en-US/text/swriter/01/04090005.html)
4. Click on Help button again (goes to: https://help.libreoffice.org/7.0/en-US/text/swriter/01/04090300.html)
1. Repeated clicks on Help will continue to go to the help page in step 4.
2. Always replicable (i.e., closing the dialog box and restarting from step 2 gives the same result).
One is the help page opened by the dialog box, the other is the help page opened by the tab page inside the dialog box.
Is is an fix around the right <bookmark href="hid/..." .../>
Using the context menu (right click the field > Edit Fields) the Help button should take to:
However, using the Ctrl + F2 method (which opens the dialog to insert Fields), then it is correct to open .
Both methods end up using the same HID (modules/swriter/ui/fldvarpage/FieldVarPage) because they are actually the same UI file. This is why  is always the target of the Help button.
Does anyone know if there's a fix for this at the XHP level?