trying to save with different encoding than UTF-8. Solution proposed on the web are to Save as... and to set filter in Edit filter settings, but Edit filter settings is not accessible, neither in Writer nor in Calc.
Bug 72187 (very old, with similar symptom) has recently seen a comment from a user saying that removing libreoffice-kde5 package fixed the problem. I am using Xubuntu and there is no libreoffice-kde5 package in my system, yet the problem is the same. As requested in Bug 72187, I open a new report for this.
Tangential to this: how do I set which encoding to use when opening/saving Office documents? Thanks.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a document from scratch
2. Save as...
3. Try to click on Edit filter settings
some sort of setting?
User Profile Reset: No
show a dialog?
Could confirm "Edit filter settings" is greyed out in LO 184.108.40.206. It is also greyed out in LO 220.127.116.11, but you could chose this filter-settings in LO 18.104.22.168. So it's a regression.
Tested with OpenSUSE 15.1 64bit rpm Linux
I have set the version to the first the bug appears: LO 22.214.171.124
I have set the component to LibreOffice. Base, which had been chosen before, is the database-component. This bug has nothing to do with databases.
Not sure what the supposed bug is here.
In Calc when choosing CSV format, "Edit filter settings" is enabled, and when checked, the additional dialog comes up where text encoding can be chosen.
In Writer saving in "Text - Choose Encoding" format brings up a dialog to choose encoding regardless whether "Edit filter settings" is checked.
What else would be the expectation?
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #2)
> Not sure what the supposed bug is here.
> In Calc when choosing CSV format, "Edit filter settings" is enabled, and
> when checked, the additional dialog comes up where text encoding can be
> In Writer saving in "Text - Choose Encoding" format brings up a dialog to
> choose encoding regardless whether "Edit filter settings" is checked.
> What else would be the expectation?
Y: we need you to reply.
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker