I tried my best summing it up in the title.
I will try to explain it better here.
If I have a paragraph in which half is in Arial and another is in Times New Roman, and i move the cursor using the keyboard from the beggining to the end of it, the name of the font in the Ribbon will overlap (so in this case Arial+TNR). The same is true for different font sizes. I attached two pictures to explain what I mean.
I can also reproduce the bug by first selecting a word written in Arial, deselecting it, and then selecting one in TNR. Same goes for different font sizes.
It happens regardless of font or size.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a text with two font names (eg Arial and times new roman)
2. Select the word in arial
3. Deselect it
4. Select the one in TNR
5. Now font name will overlap like in the picture.
This is true for font size as well
Font name overlap
User Profile Reset: No
Identificator construire: 220.127.116.11-1.fc32
Fire CPU: 8; OS: Linux 5.6; Redare UI: implicit; VCL: gtk3;
Setări regionale: ro-RO (ro_RO.UTF-8); UI-Language: ro-RO
No problem here
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: d784e711c102f204552c3c816636da01b1085f61
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.8; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Built on 29 August 2020
can you upload the odt file with the "problem" paragraph.
Thank you for reporting the bug. Please attach a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested document is provided.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive information before attaching it.
See https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/FAQ#How_can_I_eliminate_confidential_data_from_a_sample_document.3F for help on how to do so.)
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker