Drag and drop and spaces
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the attached file
2. Double click Hello1 (selected)
4. Place cursor after Paste
5. CTRL+V -> Result: PasteHello1
6. Undo CTRL+Z
6. Double click World
8. Place cursor after Paste & Press CTRL+V: Result Paste World (with space)
9. Repeat same for Hello2: Result PasteHello2 (without space)
10. Instead of copy drag. Drag Hello1: Result Space remains at first line. PasteHello1
11. Next item will be: PasteWorld
12. Last item will be: PasteHello
8. Dragging Hello1 to Paste.. should remove the Space after
9. Pasting or dragging hello1 hello2 should insert a space between Paste and Hello1/2
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 97a2c1fc5e376c0c00968f17a0392c6d3a5ed565
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3 Build 9600; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win;
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); UI-Language: en-US
Created attachment 160564 [details]
Confirm it on:
Build ID: 6a03b2a54143a9bc0c6d4c7f1...
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ro-RO (ro_RO.UTF-8); UI: en-US
What I can see that in the case of World when I select the space is NOT selected, but after paste it is selected... somehow it is included there...
And I confirm it on
Version 184.108.40.206 (Build ID: e183d5b) so I confirm it is Inherited from OOo.
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://web.libera.chat/?settings=#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!