Bug 134287 - Selecting Tools > Solver crashes LO 7.0 (with no JRE available)
Summary: Selecting Tools > Solver crashes LO 7.0 (with no JRE available)
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
7.0.0.0.beta1+
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Solver
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2020-06-24 21:53 UTC by Steve Fanning
Modified: 2021-02-10 21:01 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Steve Fanning 2020-06-24 21:53:51 UTC
Build information:

Version: 7.0.0.0.beta1 (x64)
Build ID: 94f789cbb33335b4a511c319542c7bdc31ff3b3c
CPU threads: 6; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

The key information here is that I do not currently have a Jave JRE installed (and so I don't expect the Solver to work properly!). However at 6.4.4.2 (x64), Calc displays a JRE Required warning dialog in this circumstance (on the first occasion you press Tools > Solver after opening Calc). Unfortunately Calc 7.0 isn't so polite and just crashes, which looks like some sort of regression.
Comment 1 Telesto 2020-06-25 15:37:43 UTC
Solved I think: bug 134167
Comment 2 Xisco Faulí 2020-07-27 11:05:05 UTC
Hello Steve Fanning,

Could you please try to reproduce it with a master build from http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ ?
You can install it alongside the standard version.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the master build
Comment 3 Roman Kuznetsov 2020-08-13 19:15:19 UTC
no problem in release version

Version: 7.0.0.3 (x64)
Build ID: 8061b3e9204bef6b321a21033174034a5e2ea88e
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1 Service Pack 1 Build 7601; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); UI: en-US
Calc: CL
Comment 4 QA Administrators 2021-02-10 04:12:02 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 5 Steve Fanning 2021-02-10 20:59:44 UTC
I have just tried to reproduce the problem on Version: 7.1.0.3 (x64) / LibreOffice Community and was unable to do so. Therefore I conclude that the problem has been fixed.