Created attachment 164277 [details]
Test file 1 with chapter numbering
Comparing two Writer documents doesn't show different chapter numbering.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open first attached document.
2. Click Edit > Track Changes > Compare Document ...
3. Select the second attached document.
The different chapter numbering should be shown in the track changes dialog.
Other steps to reproduce with own files:
1. Create a new Writer document with a simple text.
2. Assign Heading 1 to the text.
3. Open Tools > Chapter Numbering with tab Numbering.
4. Assign a chapter numbering to Heading 1 with "Number: 1, 2, 3, ..." and "Start at: 1".
5. Save the file.
6. Create a second Writer document with the same content as in steps 1-5 above
but with "Start at: 2" in the chapter numbering dialog.
7. Close both.
8. Open the first file.
9. Click Edit > Track Changes > Compare Document ...
10. Select the second attached document.
Created attachment 164278 [details]
Test file 2 with chapter numbering
I confirm it with
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
Build ID: 8061b3e9204bef6b321a21033174034a5e2ea88e
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19041; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: en-GB
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a natural limitation of document comparison. 'but in this case I would expect some informations about it in LO-Help: https://help.libreoffice.org/7.0/en-GB/text/shared/guide/redlining_doccompare.html?&DbPAR=WRITER&System=WIN
So I change status to NEW (at least for the documentation issue)