Created attachment 164613 [details]
Screenshot showing the icon problem
I have inserted audio track to a slide with "Insert -> Audio or Video...". Everything looks fine at first but then I save the file (in native odp format) and open it again in loimpress. At this point the original icon representing video/audio is missing and there is only a tiny square in that place. If I select the object, the selection shows the right size for the icon. I am attaching a picture what is looks like. Furthermore, if I would export this to some other format (or print) then the icon shows as small. I believe that this is a bug.
It seems that the first slide was OK, this problem appeared 2nd slide ->
Here is a link to document that shows this problem:
On linux the audio/video icon on 2nd page and onwards are messed up.
Created attachment 171293 [details]
The file showing the problem
I can't reproduce the problem with a fresh file.
Can you consistently reproduce this with new files?
Arch Linux 64-bit
Version: 184.108.40.206 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 10(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.11; UI render: default; VCL: kf5
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI: fi-FI
Yes, I can. I have added new attachment. The second slide shows wrong size for the icon (smaller than originally put there). It gets worse when adding more.
Created attachment 171322 [details]
test case (2nd page shows wrong size)
[Automated Action] NeedInfo-To-Unconfirmed
I don't know, why I could not reproduce at first, but after a private exchange with Jussi I was able to see the problem. Simplest steps:
1. Create new presentation
2. Click in the "Click to add text" content text box as if to add text
3. Insert - Audio or Video, pick an audio file
4. Right-click the slide in the Slides pane, Duplicate Slide
5. Save and reload
Now the icon in the second slide has a smaller size.
However, I noticed that this behaviour is gone with this commit:
tdf#130326 related, speed up drawing
I bibisected it with linux-64-7.2 repository.
Jussi: you could try with an appimage of 7.2 to check, if the problem is gone for you as well: https://libreoffice.soluzioniopen.com/
If so, you can change the status to resolved fixed.
I can confirm that the latest development build no longer has this bug. It would be great to include the fix for older versions too. Thanks!
(In reply to Jussi Eloranta from comment #8)
> I can confirm that the latest development build no longer has this bug. It
> would be great to include the fix for older versions too. Thanks!
Noel said the fix is not risky to backport to 7.1, so he did it now: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130326#c30
Unfortunately the commit was reverted in https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7ef7a23e7ee1f59cf719618991b3028456d84cf8
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #10)
> Unfortunately the commit was reverted in
oh, and later it was again fixed by
author Noel Grandin <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2021-04-17 14:46:59 +0200
committer Noel Grandin <email@example.com> 2021-04-17 20:29:59 +0200
commit b236b36475ed9a204ac931c34ccc23205296a0a6 (patch)
parent 806cc759ef002da5dff1d151ea8485bd871e814c (diff)
remove some caching
Noel Grandin committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "libreoffice-7-1":
tdf#136058: remove some caching
It will be available in 7.1.4.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
This issue is also reproducible in
Build ID: 8d509d69b434bd70b61cb6eed8b8dc21707726a3
Noel's issue might also fix other similar issues...