Created attachment 165675 [details]
Test document with steps to reproduce bug included in comment box
Test document attached - or use a multi-page document with at least one comment.
1. Place cursor in comment box.
2. Find-and-replace (Ctrl-H)
3. Search for anything that is on another page.
4. Click cursor in the found page (e.g., on the found word, or elsewhere in that page).
Actual behavior: Cursor is returned to the page where the comment box appears.
Expected behavior: Cursor remains where clicked.
1. The cursor returns on a line a few lines from the top of the comment box and seems take the same horizontal position in the canvas where clicked.
2. Related to bug 121478, but not exactly the same behavior. In that case, ESC, out of the Find-Replace dialog returns the cursor to the comment box. In this case, the cursor returns to the document page with the comment.
Produced with 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.beta2
Dear bug opener, please retest this issue with the newest daily build of LibreOffice:
(These builds are installable in parallel to a "production release" of LibreOffice.)
I can reproduce this issue with
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Linux 4.15; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: gtk3;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); Calc: group
but NOT with
Build ID: a8c218a52a639b0e7f689dea878a0421702628e0
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: en-US
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@86-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2020-09-25_22:25:07
I agree that something has changed from 184.108.40.206.beta2 and 220.127.116.11.alpha0+
Cannot reproduce, so I will close as WFM.
Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 3c6177be2705303044e3de262689d593f3d0f282
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19041; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: da-DK (en_DK); UI: en-US