Bug 136900 - New workbook spreadsheet created LTR despite Calc UI being RTL
Summary: New workbook spreadsheet created LTR despite Calc UI being RTL
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
6.4.6.2 release
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: RTL-CTL Desktop-Integration
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2020-09-20 19:19 UTC by ori
Modified: 2021-02-27 22:04 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description ori 2020-09-20 19:19:19 UTC
Description:
If you open a new Calc it will open in English writing mode (left to right) instead of in Hebrew writing mode (right to left)

see that video: (This bug appears from 3:10 until the end)
https://youtu.be/1wxdP4XnbAg


Steps to Reproduce:
1.see the video
2. same
3. same

Actual Results:
see the video

Expected Results:
see the video


Reproducible: Always


User Profile Reset: Yes



Additional Info:
see the video
Comment 1 ori 2020-09-20 19:21:46 UTC
If you'll open a new one from the desktop shortcut it will open in Hebrew writing mode (right to left) but if you'll open a new one from the mouse right click menu. it will open in English writing mode (left to right
Comment 2 ori 2020-10-06 13:19:17 UTC
I received an email regarding the bugs I added, but I do not know exactly what I am supposed to do. You did not write any questions so what exactly do you need from me?
Comment 3 Eyal Rozenberg 2021-02-26 20:15:47 UTC
Can't reproduce this with:

Version: 7.1.0.3 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: f6099ecf3d29644b5008cc8f48f42f4a40986e4c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.9; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: he-IL (en_IL); UI: he-IL

What is the direction setting of the Default page style? Can you check? Perhaps that's the problem.
Comment 4 ori 2021-02-27 17:24:56 UTC
(In reply to Eyal Rozenberg from comment #3)
> Can't reproduce this with:
> 
> Version: 7.1.0.3 / LibreOffice Community
> Build ID: f6099ecf3d29644b5008cc8f48f42f4a40986e4c
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.9; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
> Locale: he-IL (en_IL); UI: he-IL
> 
> What is the direction setting of the Default page style? Can you check?
> Perhaps that's the problem.

I do not understand what you mean when you say "what is the direction settings"

Notice:
The problem is happening only when you open new Clac from the Desktop Right Mouse click's menu
Comment 5 Eyal Rozenberg 2021-02-27 18:58:19 UTC
(In reply to ori from comment #4)
> I do not understand what you mean when you say "what is the direction
> settings"

On the menu, choose "Format | Page...". Then please tell me what's the selected value for the "Text Direction" setting.
Comment 6 ori 2021-02-27 19:27:12 UTC
(In reply to Eyal Rozenberg from comment #5)
> (In reply to ori from comment #4)
> > I do not understand what you mean when you say "what is the direction
> > settings"
> 
> On the menu, choose "Format | Page...". Then please tell me what's the
> selected value for the "Text Direction" setting.

Please be specific.
What menu do you mean?
Comment 7 Eyal Rozenberg 2021-02-27 20:38:34 UTC
(In reply to ori from comment #6)
> Please be specific.
> What menu do you mean?

The Calc menu bar.
Comment 8 ori 2021-02-27 21:21:54 UTC
(In reply to Eyal Rozenberg from comment #7)
> (In reply to ori from comment #6)
> > Please be specific.
> > What menu do you mean?
> 
> The Calc menu bar.

I'm sorry but i couldn't find any "Format" option on the menu bar if we talking on the same thing

If you can show me the specific menu you are talking about in the picture I can check it. but so far in the CALC I have not found any "format" option not in english nor in hebrew
Comment 9 Eyal Rozenberg 2021-02-27 21:48:37 UTC
(In reply to ori from comment #8)
> I'm sorry but i couldn't find any "Format" option on the menu bar if we
> talking on the same thing
> 
> If you can show me the specific menu you are talking about in the picture I
> can check it. but so far in the CALC I have not found any "format" option
> not in english nor in hebrew

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/K6rpahy.png
Comment 10 ori 2021-02-27 22:04:32 UTC
(In reply to Eyal Rozenberg from comment #9)
> (In reply to ori from comment #8)
> > I'm sorry but i couldn't find any "Format" option on the menu bar if we
> > talking on the same thing
> > 
> > If you can show me the specific menu you are talking about in the picture I
> > can check it. but so far in the CALC I have not found any "format" option
> > not in english nor in hebrew
> 
> Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/K6rpahy.png

OK By your name I assume you understand Hebrew then they translate the "Format" wrongly in the hebrew version. it is set as "עיצוב" Meaning "Design" (for those that do not understand hebrew)

Ok now what do you want me to check on that "Format > Page"
Comment 11 ori 2021-02-27 22:04:48 UTC
(In reply to Eyal Rozenberg from comment #9)
> (In reply to ori from comment #8)
> > I'm sorry but i couldn't find any "Format" option on the menu bar if we
> > talking on the same thing
> > 
> > If you can show me the specific menu you are talking about in the picture I
> > can check it. but so far in the CALC I have not found any "format" option
> > not in english nor in hebrew
> 
> Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/K6rpahy.png

OK By your name I assume you understand Hebrew then they translate the "Format" wrongly in the hebrew version. it is set as "עיצוב" Meaning "Design" (for those that do not understand hebrew)

Ok now what do you want me to check on that "Format > Page"