Download it now!
Bug 138089 - Crash when type any char in standard filter in the attached xlsx file (filter was set in MSO using wildcard autofilter match)
Summary: Crash when type any char in standard filter in the attached xlsx file (filter...
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.2 all versions
Hardware: All Linux (All)
: high major
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: target:7.2.0
Keywords: bibisected, bisected, haveBacktrace
Depends on:
Blocks: XLSX-Autofilter
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2020-11-09 14:16 UTC by Kevin Suo
Modified: 2021-04-09 08:57 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature: https://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_details/c2923656-0b4d-4ab2-97f0-98e7459efdf8


Attachments
test xlsx document (430.14 KB, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet)
2020-11-09 14:16 UTC, Kevin Suo
Details
gdbtrace.log (23.65 KB, text/x-log)
2020-11-09 14:17 UTC, Kevin Suo
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Kevin Suo 2020-11-09 14:16:46 UTC
Created attachment 167138 [details]
test xlsx document

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the attached xlsx file;
2. Click twice the autofilter toolbar icon (i.e., clear and reset autofilter);
3. Click the autofilter dropdown in column A, then click "Standard Filter";
4. Try to type some text in the standard filter value box.

--> Crash.

---------------------
More Info:

The special of this xlsx file is that, the autofilter is set in MSO by:
a. Filter and select year 2017 in column B; and 
b. Filter in column A and type in "63*" in column A.

When open in LibreOffice, the filter in column A is not shown, which is a different bug and will be reported separately, but I assume it is related to this crash.
---------------

Reproduced on Fedora 32 on both 6.4.7.2 release and master as of 
2020-11-08 d63b3561efb6b01a11b4a26a0e1e609699915b4d, gtk3.
Comment 1 Kevin Suo 2020-11-09 14:17:30 UTC
Created attachment 167139 [details]
gdbtrace.log
Comment 2 Xisco Faulí 2020-11-09 15:21:00 UTC
Reproduced in

Version: 7.1.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: 8ba9ecaaad1090dafa2e3040e03e532923fd38a4
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded
Comment 3 Xisco Faulí 2020-11-09 15:24:44 UTC
Also reproduced in

Version: 5.2.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 3ca42d8d51174010d5e8a32b96e9b4c0b3730a53
Threads 4; Ver: 5.7; Render: default; 

Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8)
Comment 4 Xisco Faulí 2020-11-09 15:26:32 UTC
and

Version: 4.1.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: a2c9d4f8bbde97f175bae4df771273a61251f40
Comment 5 Kevin Suo 2020-11-20 02:57:10 UTC
> The special of this xlsx file is that, the autofilter is set in MSO by:
> a. Filter and select year 2017 in column B; and 
> b. Filter in column A and type in "63*" in column A.

Just to clarify, "63*" is a wildcard which in MSO matches all the records starting with 63. After b, the filtered result contains all data which has 2017 in column B and 63* in column A.
Comment 6 Timur 2021-04-07 10:01:47 UTC
Repro 7.2+ oldest, no repro 7.2+ master. I set WFM. 

Kevin, if you report multiple bugs with the same file, you need to See Also connect them.
Comment 7 Timur 2021-04-07 10:19:43 UTC
In Linux 7.2 I bisected fix to bug 116818 do I'll mark duplicate.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 116818 ***
Comment 8 Timur 2021-04-07 10:38:33 UTC
To be clear : I found this fixed in Linux. 
In Windows, fileopen crashes for me, bug 141514, please test.
Comment 9 Xisco Faulí 2021-04-07 18:22:38 UTC
I think we can close this issue as RESOLVED FIXED, since this one is about the Standard filter dialog and bug 116818 is about autofilter

UItest added in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/113751
Comment 10 Xisco Faulí 2021-04-07 18:35:35 UTC
A similar issue I found while working on the UItest -> bug 141547
Comment 11 Commit Notification 2021-04-07 20:08:13 UTC
Xisco Fauli committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/ae4512f5e7cfb1b309cc9c48bbe798546c0a3f2a

tdf#138089: sc: Add UItest

It will be available in 7.2.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 12 Xisco Faulí 2021-04-09 08:57:56 UTC
In libreoffice-7-1 branch, this issue is fixed by https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/7ba4eeb2e9b8153eb17779c93492ab80a5cd4644